PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Lee Products

omgb
05-31-2023, 01:37 PM
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just want to express some frustrations. I am a 50 year veteran of reloading. I've used just about any kind of press you can imagine, including Ideal hand tools and some odd ball Russian stuff. Recently I bought a Dillon SDB which kind of prompted this post. I have purchased a lot of Lee stuff over the years. The worst of which was a Pro 1000 I could never get to run right, never. Lee has some interesting designs. They should work, and honestly, most do, but they have a high fiddle factor. That is, you have to continually tweak them to get full function. The dies are perfect, the factory crimp dies work perfectly, but the shell holders are way too generously proportioned and may not always accurately or securely, fit the case head. I can't fault their single stage press, it always works, as does their hand primer too. It's their progressives that are just too flimsy and Rube-Goldberish. Their case and bullet feeders work, mostly, but they feel cheap. Of course, Hornady bullet feeder dies feel substantial but rarely work. I guess it's relative.

Lee aims for price followed by function. Others, like Dillon, don't consider price much at all and are fully function oriented. Others are in the middle. For me, I like the form of the tool as much as the function, thus Lee never fully satisfies. That's not to say they make junk. Far from it. It's just the aesthetic factor is missing for me. YMMV

Bazoo
05-31-2023, 01:52 PM
I am not a Lee hater, nor Lee lover. I am a Lee realist. Some of their items are great, and some not so much. I do not care for their dies. Their single stage presses I do like however, including the Handpress. The Lee Loaders I've used all worked well and were fun.

I couldn't do without my Magnum Melter. But I couple it with a Lyman ladle.

I consider aesthetics some when making a purchase since I'll have to stare at whatever it is for a great deal of time. A good looking tool is more enjoyable to use. I like the way the Lyman Crusher II looks, though I don't have one. My lee original challenger looks good to me.

schutzen-jager
05-31-2023, 02:06 PM
jmho been using their products since early 70's - past several years [ even before covid ] quality has fallen off + the customer service is the worst i have ever dealt with - personally will never buy another Lee product -

JimB..
05-31-2023, 04:09 PM
Lee:reloading::mustang:sports car

dverna
05-31-2023, 04:39 PM
For many folks, they do not know any better. People that do not have a lot of money to invest can usually "make do" with Lee's more finicky stuff. Then, there is the Pro1000 et al. Basically junk and people "make do" by doing operations off the press.

But I have some decent Lee stuff and it works for my needs.

I have been struggling with the new Lee 6000. It is ok but will never be a Dillon. I think I can make it work well enough to meet my current needs but if I was shooting competitively like I was years ago it would have been down the road.

The reality is most folks do not need to load 2000 rounds at a time without a hiccup or three. Those that do, do not use Lee machines. Well, I should say, none of the people I used to shoot with. Everyone of them got rid of their Lees and bought Dillons.

BTW, it was humorous to see the positive comments when the 6000 came out and watch the videos of some of the guys going ga-ga over it. They were drunk on Lee Kool-aid or had never run a Dillon.

I just ordered a bunch of spare parts for the 6000. I am not ready to ditch it but too busy with other things to work on it.

Scorpion8
05-31-2023, 05:03 PM
My very first press was a Lee, got for $1 during a drug store going-out-of-business sale. Yea, back when drug stores had gun shelves and reloading supplies. It served me well to get me into metallic reloading, but it always felt cheap. Comparatively my next RCBS Rock Chucker felt like a tank. The Lee still sees duty as a dedicated universal deprimer. But there are better presses in my book.

schutzen-jager
05-31-2023, 05:19 PM
fwiw - they will not even ship there products to any state that charges a sales tax - try to buy something off them from a sales tax state + they tell you to buy off one their independents + usually at inflated prices on item + shipping - they will not even handle their 50% warrantee on any item shipped to a sales tax state -

Finster101
05-31-2023, 05:28 PM
I like a lot of Lee stuff, but I will never, ever again buy a Lee progressive press. I have molds, dies, powder measures, bottom pour melting pot and other products that work fine.

omgb
05-31-2023, 06:05 PM
Lee moulds are pretty good for the money. Bullet sizers work. Lee loading dies are good. My grip comes from anything even remotely touted as progressive. Give me a break. They are just too squirrely to put money into and, as many have noted, Lee warranty service is "strained" at best.

deces
05-31-2023, 07:34 PM
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just want to express some frustrations. I am a 50 year veteran of reloading. I've used just about any kind of press you can imagine, including Ideal hand tools and some odd ball Russian stuff. Recently I bought a Dillon SDB which kind of prompted this post. I have purchased a lot of Lee stuff over the years. The worst of which was a Pro 1000 I could never get to run right, never. Lee has some interesting designs. They should work, and honestly, most do, but they have a high fiddle factor. That is, you have to continually tweak them to get full function. The dies are perfect, the factory crimp dies work perfectly, but the shell holders are way too generously proportioned and may not always accurately or securely, fit the case head. I can't fault their single stage press, it always works, as does their hand primer too. It's their progressives that are just too flimsy and Rube-Goldberish. Their case and bullet feeders work, mostly, but they feel cheap. Of course, Hornady bullet feeder dies feel substantial but rarely work. I guess it's relative.

Lee aims for price followed by function. Others, like Dillon, don't consider price much at all and are fully function oriented. Others are in the middle. For me, I like the form of the tool as much as the function, thus Lee never fully satisfies. That's not to say they make junk. Far from it. It's just the aesthetic factor is missing for me. YMMV

I tend to agree. 9mm & 40S&W should not be the same shellholder.

nhyrum
05-31-2023, 11:19 PM
I've had a number of Lee products. Their dies, while lacking the fancy box and outside finish, a feel are the same quality as some of the larger brands(rcbs and Hornady) and almost half the price.

I had the classic cast turret, that I absolutely loved. The only thing that irks me about them is they changed from the round primer trays to the stupid triangle ones that are just pure garbage.

I've always had great customer support, when I've had to deal with them. Sure, you've got to pay postage, but either way, you're paying for it, with the other brands, you're paying for the shipping of a replacement and it's shipping when you buy it. With Lee, they just don't roll the cost of 5 replacements and their shipping into your initial purchase

I sold me Lee to a friend when I got my Dillon 650, and I'd say the Lee gave the Dillon a run for it's money. It's more fiddly than the Dillon, but not awful

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

barnabus
06-01-2023, 05:01 AM
jmho been using their products since early 70's - past several years [ even before covid ] quality has fallen off + the customer service is the worst i have ever dealt with - personally will never buy another Lee product -

Lee is the walmart of reloading tools

jetinteriorguy
06-01-2023, 06:09 AM
I’ve had a lot of Lee products in the last 38 years and can at least vouch for three keepers. Number one is the Classic Cast Turret, number two is the Deluxe Perfect Powder Measure, and number three is the Pro Disc Powder Measure. I also like their die sets, nothing special about them but they’re no worse than other brands. I am a huge fan of the Collet crimp dies for magnum pistols and the Collet neck sizing dies for rifles however. As far as Dillon, I picked up a used 550 last year and had to fool with it some, not due to the design but due to some self induced issues. It was filthy so I disassembled and cleaned it. I learned a lot about how to time it properly once I purchased the tool for this, and other more subtle adjustments needed to get it running smoothly and reliably. Once I made it through this learning curve it’s been a delight to use.

pworley1
06-01-2023, 06:36 AM
Lee doesn't make the best anything. They make good serviceable equipment. If you stick with the single stage loading, it is all you will need if you don't need to load 1000's at a time. I started with Lee equipment back in the late 60's and still have most of it, but it isn't used much anymore. As my needs progressed so did the quality of my equipment.

Wag
06-01-2023, 07:12 AM
I've bought a lot of Lee products and eventually had to replace them all. Some sooner rather than later. Money I spent on Lee items had to be spent again.

When I first got started on loading, someone gave me an ancient Lee single stage press. Actually, it's a turret but I use it single stage. It's the only Lee item I still have and use. All of the replacement items I have now are RCBS.

I do have some carbide pistol die sets and they're okay, I suppose.

--Wag--

ddeck22
06-01-2023, 07:21 AM
The Lee APP is a great little tool for doing single functions. I use it for swaging and it works wonderfully. Compared to other options, it's economical and works well

JimB..
06-01-2023, 07:46 AM
The Lee APP is a great little tool for doing single functions. I use it for swaging and it works wonderfully. Compared to other options, it's economical and works well

I was just about to ask how people feel about their APPs. I use mine for depriming and it requires constant little interventions but I still prefer it to other options for this procedure.

ascast
06-01-2023, 07:57 AM
I think it may be time to start a separate forum called "LEE Bashing". I can't add much here. I have a bunch of Lee stuff. I hate the shell holders as they break. All the other comments are about true. I'm going for coffee

country gent
06-01-2023, 08:56 AM
I have used most of the manufacturers equipment along with some of the specialty dies and equipment. I have also modified equipment tp what I need for wildcats and special projects.

Lee like all manufacturers work to a set price point. Lees niche is the budget oriented person, the one who wouldnt be reloading other wise. Really you expect the same performance from a 400.00 lee progressive as a dillion costing over 1000.00? The same with lee dies at 50.00 compared to a top of the line redding bushing dies at close to 150.00. Lee hit some things out of the park one is the old hand primer. I also feel the same about their press mounted sizing dies, a home tun that works well and is reliable. Their chamfer tool is chatter free and does the job. I normally buy lee dies ad equipment when I need to modify it to do a special job.

ioon44
06-01-2023, 08:57 AM
I started out with Lee Wack-a-mole loaders in the early 1970's and used different Lee products but it didn't take me long to go to RCBS, Redding, Dillon, NEI molds.

One thing I notice about this forum is that there is more discussion about problems with Lee products than any other brand of loading products.

jmorris
06-01-2023, 09:37 AM
Lee aims for price followed by function.

I would say that’s a fair summary.

That doesn’t mean they can be made to run but they are certainly not as infallible as higher quality and priced machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pjmuHAkBU

Lee also aims in lot of directions, Dillon’s aim since day 1 was progressive presses.

Baltimoreed
06-01-2023, 09:54 AM
Never had a lee press but have bought dies [hate the collet expander die], have assorted bullet sizers [work great for pc boolits], four of the old round auto primes and a .45 bulge buster. I’ve had to repair the handles on the auto primes but use them for all my off press rifle priming. I use the bulge buster every time I reload 45acp. I think they do fine when their product is steel. Where they fail is the pot metal that the other stuff is made from. I’ll repeat what another poster said ‘Lee is the Harbor Freight of reloading.’ You get what you pay for.

Soundguy
06-01-2023, 11:05 AM

Not being a progressive relaoder... lee tends to work fine for me.. it is good price point.. and their turret and single stage press work without fiddling. shell holders? good enough.. not perfect for sure.. but they work. as do the dies. their hand primers are ok.. they have quirks.. but then so do spendy rcbs hand primers. the lee ram prime works fine. I'd say if you are not a progressive loader.. lee is as good as any for ammo production.. and cheaper than most. I too have decades of reloading and casting now.. and have just about every color under the sun of reloading gear. form pacific and ideal on up.

Harter66
06-01-2023, 10:16 PM
I'll preface this with I've been using my own tools for reloading since 1994 . I own CH , Bonanza , Forster , Hornady, Lachmiller , Lee , Lyman , MEC , Ohaus , Pacific, RCBS, Redding , and Texan , dies , scales , moulds , and presses .

Lee makes a tool to do a job and it does the job .
I don't care for their presses , I've had 3 &4 hole turrets and a LM . I cut my teeth on a Lyman Crusher and later on a Pacific in Hornady red buying my own RC , RCII and Big Max . The presses just don't have the feel of absolute stop . I gave them a fair shake , in the 4 hole turret I ran over 1000 45 ACP sized and flared and later seated and crimped 250 or so of the same using 2 sets of dies . I just didn't like the feel . This was a couple of years after doing the same with 223 in the 3 hole . I won't go into the LM past when it worked I loved it and when it ate the primer station and started crushing 45 Colts cases that was enough of that , I don't have a lab environment, I lived in the desert dust is just there and it screws it up if it's not absolutely clean .

The only thing wrong with the moulds is that the operator doesn't run them like a rented Army mule and expects them to work like the more expensive moulds . So they fiddle with them so they work like the more expensive moulds.......an XK12 Jag coupe won't ever be a Camaro, F Bird or Corvette no matter which SB Chevy you stick in the hole after the valve inserts eat the heads and pistons .
Lube the hinges , knock the burrs off the sprue plate edges , and run them hot and fast , they work just fine .

The dies .......... As long as you disassemble them and wash them out and prelube them they work ok . Just don't try to form brass that requires a neck down or shoulder change. Folks have a love hate relationship with the lock rings . If you want a positive stop set 2 O rings facing .

Hate their scale but I've always used a Lyman M5 .

Had a couple of the disk measures ...... They work , they're accurate, and as part of the press system it's a neat go together. I have 3 Uniflows and don't use a progressive. They just don't make me warm as a stand alone .

That hideous thing they pass off as a chamfer deburring tool ....... Just no .

There's a reason I have 6 MECs , 2 Pacific , DL55s , a Texan , and no Load Alls .... First the sizing ring and 2nd that positive stop. If the manual uses the words , you'll develop a feel for the perfect crimp after a few .......... Not for me . I did load about 250 rounds of steel shot with 2 load all's . The charge bar is neat but it also has lots of small parts to lose . I don't who the brain child was behind the size ring but it sucks having a lose piece.

If not for Lee I can almost guarantee beyond a doubt that I would not be a caster because I just couldn't swallow the $200 for the lube sizer and $25 a pop for H&I dies after spending $80+ per mould . $20/ mould and sizers that fit a press .......well .

deces
06-01-2023, 11:37 PM
I'll preface this with I've been using my own tools for reloading since 1994 . I own CH , Bonanza , Forster , Hornady, Lachmiller , Lee , Lyman , MEC , Ohaus , Pacific, RCBS, Redding , and Texan , dies , scales , moulds , and presses .

Lee makes a tool to do a job and it does the job .
I don't care for their presses , I've had 3 &4 hole turrets and a LM . I cut my teeth on a Lyman Crusher and later on a Pacific in Hornady red buying my own RC , RCII and Big Max . The presses just don't have the feel of absolute stop . I gave them a fair shake , in the 4 hole turret I ran over 1000 45 ACP sized and flared and later seated and crimped 250 or so of the same using 2 sets of dies . I just didn't like the feel . This was a couple of years after doing the same with 223 in the 3 hole . I won't go into the LM past when it worked I loved it and when it ate the primer station and started crushing 45 Colts cases that was enough of that , I don't have a lab environment, I lived in the desert dust is just there and it screws it up if it's not absolutely clean .

The only thing wrong with the moulds is that the operator doesn't run them like a rented Army mule and expects them to work like the more expensive moulds . So they fiddle with them so they work like the more expensive moulds.......an XK12 Jag coupe won't ever be a Camaro, F Bird or Corvette no matter which SB Chevy you stick in the hole after the valve inserts eat the heads and pistons .
Lube the hinges , knock the burrs off the sprue plate edges , and run them hot and fast , they work just fine .

The dies .......... As long as you disassemble them and wash them out and prelube them they work ok . Just don't try to form brass that requires a neck down or shoulder change. Folks have a love hate relationship with the lock rings . If you want a positive stop set 2 O rings facing .

Hate their scale but I've always used a Lyman M5 .

Had a couple of the disk measures ...... They work , they're accurate, and as part of the press system it's a neat go together. I have 3 Uniflows and don't use a progressive. They just don't make me warm as a stand alone .

That hideous thing they pass off as a chamfer deburring tool ....... Just no .

There's a reason I have 6 MECs , 2 Pacific , DL55s , a Texan , and no Load Alls .... First the sizing ring and 2nd that positive stop. If the manual uses the words , you'll develop a feel for the perfect crimp after a few .......... Not for me . I did load about 250 rounds of steel shot with 2 load all's . The charge bar is neat but it also has lots of small parts to lose . I don't who the brain child was behind the size ring but it sucks having a lose piece.

If not for Lee I can almost guarantee beyond a doubt that I would not be a caster because I just couldn't swallow the $200 for the lube sizer and $25 a pop for H&I dies after spending $80+ per mould . $20/ mould and sizers that fit a press .......well .

My only gripes about the Lee scale is that I would like more powerful magnets and maybe calibrated for more that 100 gr.

nhyrum
06-01-2023, 11:58 PM
My only gripes about the Lee scale is that I would like more powerful magnets and maybe calibrated for more that 100 gr.Not many loads take more than 100 grains. Even my 300 rum is less than 100, but close

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

deces
06-02-2023, 12:04 AM
I don't want that for powder, but for sorting rifle bullets also. It wouldn't be hard for them to do.

Texas by God
06-02-2023, 10:22 AM
I like Lee dies, especially for handgun cartridges. The PTE die is why.
The die size bullet sizers are also great.
I’ve stuck with my Rockchucker press, my Redding powder measure, and my Ohaus (RCBS) scale for those tools.
I like their hand priming tool; have worn out a couple. It would be nice if it used standard shell holders, though.
All of my bullet moulds are Lee and they work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdi
06-02-2023, 01:27 PM
Wow, so much complaining wasting forum space. I am a life long machinist mechanic and have zero complaints about Lee. I also own most other brands of reloading tools and equipment (the poorest design tool I have encountered in 40+ years is not a Lee product, it is the RCBS Bench prime. I cannot be used right out of the box unless the handle extends 8" beyond the bench edge or a 3" riser must be used. A primer tube flopping back and forth? If it was painted red there would be hundreds of complaints on every reloading forum active today). Yes on some tools a bit if fiddling is done, but not being in any need for faster, more, faster reloads I don't use nor need a progressive by anyone. I have become jaded about Lee complaints over the years mainly because I often tried to duplicate Lee Hater's complaints, but was unable unless I deliberately misused the tool. Maybe my experience using power and hand tools and reading instructions gives me an edge? I have never had to redesign or radically modify any Lee product even the dreaded "Drip-O-Matic" which doesn't drip because of plain old thoughtful maintenance...

Iron369
06-02-2023, 05:15 PM
Most everything I have is Lee. I’m sure there are better things out there, but it works out well for me. I don’t have a problem with my pro 1000’s but I prime by hand, and don’t use the bullet feeders.

deces
06-02-2023, 06:03 PM
The new inline boolit feeders from Lee work great.

Walter Laich
06-02-2023, 06:36 PM
I've always seen Lee molds as "kits"

need a bit of additional owner work to tune them up, then do a great job--I'm willing to swap sweat equity for $$

Rickf1985
06-03-2023, 07:32 PM
Like Dverna I am also struggling with the new 6000. I have also had some dismal contacts with Lee customer service and tech support. ( anyone else talk to Brenda or George?) I think, not sure, but I think Brenda is one of the Lee family and she is the one that make the decisions on who gets warranty and who does not. She is the main reason I no longer buy much from Lee. But in Tech support it was always George who was a miserable sot but now they have a guy who is pleasant and very knowledgeable. George had the attitude that it was his way or no way and whatever the problem was it was your fault for doing something wrong. This new guy is the exact opposite, he will listen to what you have to say and then ask the right questions. But I think for the most part Lee has gone the same direction as Midway and it is all corporate management now. It is all about the money and the customer does not matter. They used to have excellent customer support many years ago. All the people talking up their Dillon equipment are the ones that have a lot more disposable income than some of us. I just do not see the need to spend that kind of money unless you are shooting full time 7 days a week. If you can afford that kind of reloading quantity then a Dillon is pennies out of your pocket compared to what you are spending on primers and powder!!!

deces
06-03-2023, 07:49 PM
What are the problems you are having with the pro6k?

Iowa Fox
06-04-2023, 10:26 AM
My parents gave me a Lee Loader for Christmas in 1963 so I have had exposure to them for a while. In that time I watched the company which was Richard & John grow and develop new products most of them quite good for the price charged. In the last couple two three years I noticed the company slowly stall out and go backward. I'm even hearing it from some of the jobbers and wholesalers. Some of the design changes they made to their industry winners like the bottle they now use on their powder throwers and the collet neck sizing die have me wondering. Someone at the current Lee is or are not reloaders. Your always going to have the whiners calling customer service looking for a handout or the people that don't know what they are doing but one of their customer service people is burned out and needs to be moved before he has a heart attack or stroke. Customer service is nothing more than a reflection of the top. They still have lots of good stuff at good prices and I'll buy the stuff. They hold patents on a few things so the high quality manufactures can not manufacture some items.

JimB..
06-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Wow, so much complaining wasting forum space. I am a life long machinist mechanic and have zero complaints about Lee. I also own most other brands of reloading tools and equipment (the poorest design tool I have encountered in 40+ years is not a Lee product, it is the RCBS Bench prime. I cannot be used right out of the box unless the handle extends 8" beyond the bench edge or a 3" riser must be used. A primer tube flopping back and forth? If it was painted red there would be hundreds of complaints on every reloading forum active today). Yes on some tools a bit if fiddling is done, but not being in any need for faster, more, faster reloads I don't use nor need a progressive by anyone. I have become jaded about Lee complaints over the years mainly because I often tried to duplicate Lee Hater's complaints, but was unable unless I deliberately misused the tool. Maybe my experience using power and hand tools and reading instructions gives me an edge? I have never had to redesign or radically modify any Lee product even the dreaded "Drip-O-Matic" which doesn't drip because of plain old thoughtful maintenance...
RCBS universal bench primer is one of the best reloading tools ever built. Yeah the rod moving is odd, but it just works, always.

Electrod47
06-04-2023, 11:59 AM
I think everybody that's been at this game as long as the majority of us here has picked the team they want to play on. I picked Lee a long time ago, for the simple reason they were all I could afford. Same reason I have always drove Chevy P/U's instead of the pricey sports car I always yearned for. The trucks and Lee haven't let me down yet.

TD1886
06-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Lee makes a good sizer dies. They are harder then a woodpecker's beak. Their bullet seaters SUCK!! Those could be vastly improved. Problemwith them? They don't have much of a bullet guiding system. They rely on the case mouth and the nose punch to start and seat the bullet straight. They collet neck sizer dies are a terrific invention.....for normal use. Their moulds are servicable and some of the most accurate cast bullets I've shot come from a LEE mould. It you treat them right they will last a long time. Finally when you can't find dies in this time and age of the U.S. going to hell, LEE will most often be the ones you can find. The name of the game is CHEAP and SAVE MONEY!

wv109323
06-04-2023, 11:28 PM
I find Lee dies acceptable. Later designed Lee bullet molds are usable but I don't expect them to last as long as other molds. I bought an APP press and used it to decap pistol brass. After 20-30,000 rounds it needs some replacement parts due to wear. They are plastic and I don't think they were designed for a lifetime of use.
I bought a Lee case trimmer that is junk and never usable.
Most reloaders do not load in large numbers. I don't think any high volume competitive shooters use Lee equipment.

deces
06-06-2023, 04:17 PM
I find Lee dies acceptable. Later designed Lee bullet molds are usable but I don't expect them to last as long as other molds. I bought an APP press and used it to decap pistol brass. After 20-30,000 rounds it needs some replacement parts due to wear. They are plastic and I don't think they were designed for a lifetime of use.
I bought a Lee case trimmer that is junk and never usable.
Most reloaders do not load in large numbers. I don't think any high volume competitive shooters use Lee equipment.

That is quite the bias you got there.

Rich/WIS
06-08-2023, 10:25 AM
Have a mix of loading presses, Lyman, RCBS and Lee. All work well for the purpose I use them for, but all my loading is single stage. While the volume of shooting I have done and still do is moderate (4-5K a year) can still crank out what I need and haven't felt the need for a progressive press. For handgun it's a Lyman Orange Crusher turret, for rifle an RCBS RC and for priming the little Lee C press. Only Lee dies I have are their universal decapper, ram prime and auto prime II. Others are Hornady, RCBS and Lyman. When my son started rifle reloading bought the Lee Challenger press and used it myself until I got a used RC to replace my old Lyman Spartan. Only difference I noticed was the Lee handles spent primers a lot better than the RCBS. Have, or had, molds by Lyman, RCBS, NOE and Lee, only survivors are NOE 5 cavity rifle molds and Lee 6 cavity pistol molds. Have both Lyman 450's and an RCBS LAM II, both brands work as advertised and can share sizer dies. Had a SAECO sizer but the ergonomics didn't work well for me. Have had Lyman, SAECO and Lee 10# pots, a Lyman 20# and only pot I have now is the Lee 20# pot, and if the Lee quits will either repair it or buy another. Scales are an old Lyman and a NIB Hornady on the shelf as back-up. Have Lyman 55's, a RCBS and Lee measures as well as an old Bonanza fixed rotor measure. Everything works as designed and does what it needs to do to my complete satisfaction with no fuss or bother.

gnappi
06-18-2023, 08:24 AM
I have no use for most Lee products. On the cheap i have a number of their bullet molds which over the years held up pretty well.

BRatigan
06-20-2023, 08:05 AM
I use their pistol dies, bullet sizer dies, bullet hardness tester, ingot mold, etc. They all work just fine. We also have their small press on the table for my buddy who can't reload at home. It works just fine. I have other brands also and they all fill a certain niche. Some expensive and some not. It's what works that counts for me.

GWS
06-20-2023, 01:03 PM
If is wasn't for Lee Precision, reloading would not be the popular hobby it is today. Their target market is the life blood of the hobby. We may graduate to more expensive tools, but Lee keeps innovating and improving the hobby. I started with a $26 Target Lee Loader for my .243 Remington. I moved to RCBS in a year, but that whetting my appetite. Now many years and 4 presses later, I find I'm buying Lee presses again.....the APP and the Pro 6000. Not a bit unhappy with them.

I use RCBS and Lee dies.....both always work great. Many years ago somebody blew up an RCBS press mounted (unprotected) primer tube and hurt themselves. Lee countered with their first hand primer....All the others followed....quite often Lee is the first at making Reloading safer. The APP is a great innovation....wouldn't be without one these days.