PDA

View Full Version : They're going crazy!!!

EDK
02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Some people get wound up pretty good at auctions, live or internet. BUT they've really amazed me on eBay today....A LEE 2 cavity for the 208 grain 44 wadcutter is over $80 and a little time to go. I also noticed a 1 cavity LEE for 32 ACP boolit was some equally outrageous price.

:redneck::cbpour::Fire:

GSPKurt
02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I am continually amazed at the prices people bid on eBay.

GP100man
02-09-2009, 08:15 PM
they went past crazy along time ago!!!!!

i probably could`nt sell one of my 2holers for $2.oo

GP100man :cbpour:

FN in MT
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
This past week an old pair of S&W N frame coke bottle style grips hit $885 on flea Bay!! NO GUN...simply the grips. Winning bidder must be due for some "stimulus money" I guess??

FN in MT

Firebricker
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Its almost unbelievable what some stuff goes for especially dillon products whats worse is when they pay more than new cost and then pay higher shipping than what manufacturer charges

JIMinPHX
02-10-2009, 01:00 AM
At the gun shows, I see guys selling Lee molds for more than Lyman molds because the Lee molds have handles. I also see guys selling beat up old reloading dies for more than the price of new over at Cabella's, a 20-minute drive away.

...ignorance

azrednek
02-10-2009, 04:18 AM
I can't complain about Ebay and the prices because I've made a killing there selling junk. I've turned a pretty good profit with reloading tools I've found at yard sales. There was a pawnshop in downtown Phoenix that went out of business. I bought a bunch of their leather slings and holsters for 2 or 3 bux each. Best I did was 160.00 for a genuine Winchester marked sling. I got no less than 50 each for US military leather slings. I have to admit though I get a little po'd when I'm trying to buy something on Ebay and the price goes crazy but as a seller Ebay has been a gold mine for me at times.

A former relative of mine quit working, sells on Ebay and is making a good living. He knows collectibles, anything from toy fire engines to art and visits as many estate, yard and flea market sales he can get to. He made tens of thousands (no exaggeration) on two shoe boxes of WW1 vintage German aircraft gauges he paid 5 bux per shoe box. He also scored a pre-WW2 vintage German Drilling for an even hundred at the same estate sale.

Ebay though has ruined the ability to dicker prices at gunshows on items such as bullet molds, reloading tools, leather holsters and slings found at gun shows. The vendors often respond to offers by saying something about how much similar items are going for on Ebay.

Bret4207
02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
You can still get books and tools cheap enough and of course older clothing. Being a fan of Utica Duxbak outdoor clothing I pick up some stuff occasionally. Some older tools go cheap. Moulds? HAH! I thik my last "good buy" was a 3 cav Cramer for under $30.00 in "Buy it Now". The majority of stuff is through the roof.

supv26
02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I can't complain about Ebay and the prices because I've made a killing there selling junk. I've turned a pretty good profit with reloading tools I've found at yard sales. There was a pawnshop in downtown Phoenix that went out of business. I bought a bunch of their leather slings and holsters for 2 or 3 bux each. Best I did was 160.00 for a genuine Winchester marked sling. I got no less than 50 each for US military leather slings. I have to admit though I get a little po'd when I'm trying to buy something on Ebay and the price goes crazy but as a seller Ebay has been a gold mine for me at times.

A former relative of mine quit working, sells on Ebay and is making a good living. He knows collectibles, anything from toy fire engines to art and visits as many estate, yard and flea market sales he can get to. He made tens of thousands (no exaggeration) on two shoe boxes of WW1 vintage German aircraft gauges he paid 5 bux per shoe box. He also scored a pre-WW2 vintage German Drilling for an even hundred at the same estate sale.

Ebay though has ruined the ability to dicker prices at gunshows on items such as bullet molds, reloading tools, leather holsters and slings found at gun shows. The vendors often respond to offers by saying something about how much similar items are going for on Ebay.

Be sure you turn this in to the IRS!!! They are cracking down on ebay and paypal.
Don't ask me how I know!!!!!!!
:roll:

Boerrancher
02-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I haven't bought anything off of ebay in a long time, at least a year and that was an older scope for my Redhawk. I got a good price on it, it was a buy it now item. Other than the buy it now's I refuse to get into the feeding frenzy of the bidding wars on ebay.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Heavy lead
02-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Ebay is simply put a slot machine for flea market items, great marketing for the seller, bordering on the same type of diseased hype that makes people put one more quarter in a slot or buy one more lottery ticket. I'm betting there are a whole lot of basements out there with semi-crazy packrats with unopened packages of stuff they bought off ebay. Sorta sad, but if I were a seller I'd use it too. Guess that's sorta sad too.

JIMinPHX
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I can't complain about Ebay and the prices because I've made a killing there selling junk.

I'll have to get some advice on that from you one of these days.