PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Ordinance 1917 Tombstone

Bmi48219
05-24-2023, 12:48 PM
It’s hard to beat the classic style of a lever gun, making it one of the most appealing formats to mature shooters and collectors. The subject rifle is without a doubt the ugliest lever action I’ve every seen.

https://pof-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Tombstone-16-Black_Right-1024x244.png

Lakehouse2012
05-24-2023, 01:19 PM
It’s hard to beat the classic style of a lever gun, making it one of the most appealing formats to mature shooters and collectors. The subject rifle is without a doubt the ugliest lever action I’ve every seen.

https://pof-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Tombstone-16-Black_Right-1024x244.pngI think that looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

jreidthompson1
05-24-2023, 03:25 PM
MSRP of +-$2000
Saw one listed for 'only 1700' somewhere today.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

TNsailorman
05-24-2023, 03:34 PM
That rifle makes a warthog look like a beauty queen. my .02 anyway, james

veeman
05-24-2023, 04:14 PM
Aught to be a law against that.

armoredman
05-24-2023, 11:07 PM
...words fail...

freakonaleash
05-24-2023, 11:27 PM
Hideous

doghawg
05-25-2023, 12:03 AM

There probably will be!

Bmi48219
05-25-2023, 12:33 AM

I’m waiting for the atf to announce a new NFA category: “devil’s spawn other device”.
Owners will be required to store it in Holy Water.
It will become the Hollywood villain’s weapon of choice.

fastdadio
05-25-2023, 07:39 AM
The rifle of choice for tactikool kowbois.

JoeJames
05-25-2023, 09:09 AM
Kind of like Bud Light - water pretending to be beer. Here it is a lever gun pretending to be a semi-automatic. But I could understand its appeal in the slave states where semi's are, or will be, deemed illegal. That's why all lever guns have gone way up in value.

1Hawkeye
05-25-2023, 09:11 AM
Looks like buck Roger's dropped acid.

Hickok
05-25-2023, 09:45 AM

Texas by God
05-25-2023, 10:09 AM
Looks like buck Roger's dropped acid.

Yes, and not a good trip!
The muzzle brake tames the horrible 9mm recoil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soundguy
05-25-2023, 10:10 AM
That rifle makes a warthog look like a beauty queen. my .02 anyway, james

Awe man.. someone should have posted a warning.. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

rbuck351
05-25-2023, 01:00 PM
I'd be ashamed to be seen in the same room with that thing.

elmacgyver0
05-25-2023, 02:02 PM
Not my cup of tea, but if it sells and brings more people into shooting, I'm all for it.

Larry Gibson
05-25-2023, 03:41 PM
I'd be ashamed to be seen in the same room with that thing.

A "two bagger" for sure. One over the rifle, the other over my dogs head in case the one falls off the rifle so she won't be embarrassed.......

Now, had they made it in 30 Carbine to take M1 Carbine mags the dog could be embarrassed all she wants......

Bigslug
05-27-2023, 10:12 AM
The only "Fail" I'm seeing is that it doesn't run on ubiquitous, cheap, and reliable Glock magazines.

Levergun mechanisms have a place where liberals are in power and wet themselves at the notion of self-cycling firearms, but "classic styling" sticks you with no optics, no flashlight, single-round reloading of a tube mag on the wrong side of the gun for a right-hander, usually rimmed rounds, and often, an ergonomically horrible straight-wrist stock.

While I'm very much one who lives in the past, I don't hang my hat (which isn't a Stetson) so far back as the 1880's. I kinda like the idea of this thing.

Bmi48219
05-27-2023, 11:23 AM
From a utilitarian aspect I’m sure a 9 mm lever rifle would come in handy. But in the liberals’ view, it does feature a high cap mag is covered with tactical style accents; and it’s black. Both us and Patriot Ordinance know it’s not a semi-auto, or an assault weapon or inherently evil.
Yet it was designed to look / be tactical and will be judged as something it’s not by the left. Lacking knowledge, these morons ban things because of how they look, not what they are. If one is ever used in a SD or criminal event you can bet it will be identified as an assault weapon by the media.

flatnose
05-27-2023, 10:14 PM
Not my cup of tea, but if it sells and brings more people into shooting, I'm all for it.

Well I hate to admit it but you are correct. You can thank the left for things like this but if it gets more people shooting then it is good.

quack1
05-28-2023, 08:13 AM
It will become the Hollywood villain’s weapon of choice.

It already did. Saw a bad guy with one on TV last week. Stuck in my mind because my first thought was "what in the ???? is that".

JoeJames
05-28-2023, 10:48 AM
The only "Fail" I'm seeing is that it doesn't run on ubiquitous, cheap, and reliable Glock magazines.

Levergun mechanisms have a place where liberals are in power and wet themselves at the notion of self-cycling firearms, but "classic styling" sticks you with no optics, no flashlight, single-round reloading of a tube mag on the wrong side of the gun for a right-hander, usually rimmed rounds, and often, an ergonomically horrible straight-wrist stock.

While I'm very much one who lives in the past, I don't hang my hat (which isn't a Stetson) so far back as the 1880's. I kinda like the idea of this thing.I was thinking that them in charge in the slave states would have problems with it using one of those evil high capacity magazines; so one way around it would be for it to use a fixed tube magazine which holds less than 10 rounds of 9mm. Might not work in some of the slave states, but possibly in others.

Frank V
05-30-2023, 11:49 AM
I was thinking that them in charge in the slave states would have problems with it using one of those evil high capacity magazines; so one way around it would be for it to use a fixed tube magazine which holds less than 10 rounds of 9mm. Might not work in some of the slave states, but possibly in others.

Or a Marlin, Rossi, Henry, in .357?

pietro
05-30-2023, 03:53 PM
...words fail...

Fugly..........

smkummer
06-15-2023, 04:02 PM
I have a friend who made an H&R single shot shotgun tactical cool. I think it’s all good when muddies the water over what an assault weapon is.

Texas by God
06-15-2023, 11:48 PM
Make it with a normal barrel, a tube magazine, a “normal” plastic forend, chambered in .40 S&W(all ammo is flat nose), for <$300…..
I’ll hold my nose and buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indian joe
06-16-2023, 12:49 AM
why does the firearms industry keep doin this sh!t ? keep sh!tting in our own nest?
the lefties will see this - next thing you know lever guns with over ten round mags are banned - wont just be tacticr@p black ones it will round up all the wood and steel guns too -- next step mags over five shot . Give em half a chance and it will be done
We (Aussies) lost pump action shotguns because of some fool shooter spruiking on the friday night news (7.30 pm friday) - semi autos were altready a done deal - this clown gets up there trying to derail that and he sez to the reporter "anyway it (banning semiautos) makes no sense because you can shoot just as fast with a pump gun and they hold more rounds" -- brilliant! real bl00dy clever ----first thing monday morning it was announced that pump action shotguns were added to the banned list.

TNsailorman
06-16-2023, 07:22 AM
There are always those who people who are "all mouth and no brain". We have them here too and they will eventually tell the anti-gun crowd everything they need to know to ban guns and ammo. james

Baltimoreed
06-16-2023, 08:55 AM
You won’t be seeing one of those monstrosities at a cas match, I guarantee it.

huntinlever
06-16-2023, 10:15 AM
OK, I get it.

JSnover
06-16-2023, 10:18 AM
Try not to think of it as a gun in the traditional sense.
Like MREs; Disabuse yourself of the notion that the "Chicken A La King" will taste anything at all like what your mother used to make. It aint right. But it'll do.

jimb16
06-16-2023, 05:04 PM
*GAG!* just lost my lunch....

siamese4570
06-16-2023, 10:38 PM
That ain't right
Siamese4570

farmbif
06-17-2023, 07:42 AM
seems lately even when I hear the words "tactical or tactical cool " or whatever it makes me want to regurgitate and to see a perfectly fine lever gun, blued with walnut converted to something that is just all wrong. why do so many these days think they can put all this junk on a perfectly designed gun and think they are some kind of commando or green beret out of a fictional movie or computer game. and ive seen these guys with the costume to match with all kinds of ammo pouches and doo dads hanging and tucked away in a vest and pants with dozens of pockets out at the range. I just keep shaking my head and wondering what the world has come to.

JSnover
06-17-2023, 12:28 PM
why does the firearms industry keep doin this sh!t ? keep sh!tting in our own nest?
the lefties will see this - next thing you know lever guns with over ten round mags are banned - wont just be tacticr@p black ones it will round up all the wood and steel guns too -- next step mags over five shot . Give em half a chance and it will be done
We (Aussies) lost pump action shotguns because of some fool shooter spruiking on the friday night news (7.30 pm friday) - semi autos were altready a done deal - this clown gets up there trying to derail that and he sez to the reporter "anyway it (banning semiautos) makes no sense because you can shoot just as fast with a pump gun and they hold more rounds" -- brilliant! real bl00dy clever ----first thing monday morning it was announced that pump action shotguns were added to the banned list.

Best comment so far.
Never try to point out the depth of stupidity on The Left; they'll only go a whole lot deeper.
There's a Revolutionary War musket hanging on a wall in a Massachusetts courthouse. Someone tried to highlight the stupidity of the then-new trigger lock law by pointing out the lack of same on the aforementioned musket. The next day it sported a fancy new lock.

Electrod47
06-17-2023, 05:04 PM
One other oddball observation concerning this gun...The whole name of this thing..Patriot Ordinance 1917 Tombstone. Every word is meant to catch the eye.

Tombstone, yeah baby the OK corral
Ordinance, right on
Patriot, of course
1917, Time for the Kaiser to "get some"

Should have called it the "Whizbang Special"

Bmi48219
06-17-2023, 08:10 PM
If I owned an AMC Pacer I’d have one in my rear window rifle rack.

Buzz Krumhunger
06-17-2023, 08:53 PM
The LGS has one of these overpriced pieces of grunt on display. Been there a couple months and I have yet to see anyone make a non-disparaging remark about it.

GhostHawk
06-18-2023, 07:32 AM
Larry the way I heard the term described it was one over your head, and one by the door in case someone walks in on you.
But after thinking about it I suspect the dog would qualify.

Bigslug
06-18-2023, 09:19 AM

While I'm very much one who lives in the past, I don't hang my hat (which isn't a Stetson) so far back as the 1880's. I kinda like the idea of this thing.

Continuing my thought:

If I had a nickel for every time I corrected someone on how to run a tube-fed pump action shotgun correctly, I'd be pretty well off. A lot of folks can't wrap their brain around the idea of loading one round at a time, not when they can stuff in 10 plus at once and have to think no more on it.

Another problem: How many folks under 40 do you know running - REALLY running - revolvers and running them well? The rimless cartridge entered the world around 1893 and rimmed has been losing ground ever since.

With the mag-fed autoloader being the primary subject of leftist scrutiny, other mechanisms need to be contemplated.

Where they fell flat on their face was in not doing this as a pump action instead, although that would damage the option of forend accessories considerably.

Kenstone
06-18-2023, 04:18 PM

""single-round reloading of a tube mag on the wrong side of the gun for a right-hander, usually rimmed rounds""
Cowboy shooters have developed a quick reloading (tube) device that is not single-round.
here's two, there are others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrL_MZRsN2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9vxKmAngHo
a few more:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lever+gun+speed+reloader

vonfilm
06-20-2023, 10:19 PM
I handled one of these recently at my LGS. It had the worst lever action feel that I had ever experienced. All of my lever actions,Winchester,Marlin,Henry, and Rossi put it to shame in lever action smoothness.

WILCO
06-21-2023, 10:18 AM
I think that looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

There's a market for everything. Didn't think I'd care, but I like it too.

Jtarm
06-21-2023, 09:59 PM
I had to go the the gun safe & look around.

I couldn’t risk dying & that being the last gun I saw.