PDA

View Full Version : Brownells Problems

Rapier
05-24-2023, 11:25 AM
Been a shop customer for decades, recently we can not communicate, no orders, can not log in at Brownells. I thnk the last order I placed was by phone, not computer, come to think of it.

Is anyone else having problems with their account, just buying from them, at Brownells?

BK7saum
05-24-2023, 11:43 AM
I made a purchase a month or so ago online. Nothing recent, though.

i just logged into my account and could see my info and previous orders.

Larry Gibson
05-24-2023, 11:51 AM
I just logged on, no problems. Must be at your server end?

Outpost75
05-24-2023, 12:32 PM
No problems here either.

gwpercle
05-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Call them and see if a living person can help you get the bug out the computer .
Gary

porthos
05-24-2023, 07:52 PM
when i was in business i figure they got in excess of $25,000 of my money. might sound petty but when they wanted $10.00 (probably more now) for a catalog they lost my business. like most of us, i get loads of catalogs ; some quartely from several companies at no charge. "it ain't your fathers Brownells".

Texas by God
05-24-2023, 08:37 PM
The $10 was refunded when you ordered things, if I remember right.
Do they still have a paper catalog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicholst55
05-25-2023, 07:18 AM
The $10 was refunded when you ordered things, if I remember right.
Do they still have a paper catalog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered one a year or so ago, so at least they had one then. I like to flip through it and find stuff that I didn't know I needed. Then when I go online, I find that item has been dropped from their lineup.

pworley1
05-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Never had a problem with them, phone or computer.

Kraschenbirn
05-26-2023, 05:29 PM
Received an e-mail from Brownell's this morning advertising "primers in stock" and offering 15% 'Memorial Day' discount on orders over $200. Hadn't bought from them for a while but when I tried to log on to my account, couldn't get in...didn't recognize screen name or password. Well, I know that my 'screen name' is valid because they send daily advertising to that address to I tried 'forgot password'. No joy there either...reply said they'd sent a verification number to my email but nothing ever showed up. So, tried to place a direct order only to find that, despite their email ad, they had nothing in stock that I was looking for...no standard small or large pistol ('magnum' in both at over $100/brick) and no standard large rifle (only 'benchrest' small rifle @ $159/brick).

Now, this all took place less a little more than an hour after I received their ad so I seriously doubt they ever had any quantity of 'standard' primers on hand to begin with. Like Porthos, I spent a lot of money at Brownell's back in the days when I held an FFL but their customer service appears to have gone a long way south since then.

Bill