PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman's Yard Sale at our Club

FISH4BUGS
05-21-2023, 07:40 AM
Yesterday we had our 3rd Annual Sportsman's Outdoor Yard Sale at our Club. Great participation and great turnout by the members and the public.
Major Waldron's is the premier outdoor/indoor range in the region (Seacoast NH), with over 1000 members.
Check us out here: https://www.majorwaldron.com/
I did two mailings to FFL holders within about 30 miles of us with no bites. Last year we had 2 dealers plus a few member tables. However, this year we DID have 11 members with tables selling their excess stuff. The members each got a free 8' table, with some taking two, and we emailed 3 times over a month to all our members encouraging them to attend or take a FREE table.
There were NO FIREARMS or NO RELOADS allowed. Pretty much everything else was there from snowshoes to tents to fishing gear to holsters to scopes to just about everything else even remotely connected to the outdoors.
Personally I bought a Simmons Red Dot and a range bag for $20. The bargain of the century.
I put a notice of the the yard sale on every Facebook Yard Sale post in the region. I missed Craig's List yard sale listings only because didn't know they had that....I'll do it next year.
The result? A great turnout with maybe 300+ people stopping by and all the members that had a table happy with their sales....and getting rid of stuff they no longer had any use for.
I would encourage those of you that are members of an organized range or Sportsman's Club to consider doing one of these. It was fun putting it together and fun to spend a morning with like minded people that enjoyed the shooting sports and the outdoors.
A lesson: be careful of your wording on Facebook - one large City Yard Sale Facebook group (Dover NH) said we were "violating their community standards" with "weapons". Not one word was said about firearms, knives, ammunition, etc.
I guess they just didn't like the idea of "sportsman's yard sale".
Maybe I should have called it "sportspersons". :)

schutzen-jager
05-21-2023, 08:02 AM
my collectors association has one 7 months out of a year - free table to members at local fire dept hall - tables for member sellers only - non members allowed to purchase items - any legal sporting items allowed - free coffee + donuts - been going on successfully for decades, but showed a small turnout during covid -