PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry insurance

Battis
05-10-2023, 02:32 PM
I'm sure it's been discussed before, but, after watching M. Ayoob's video on the subject, I started thinking (bad habit).
It looks like there's lots of options, and pitfalls, so, what's the consensus on this forum?

Duckiller
05-10-2023, 05:25 PM
#2 son, with a law degree and a member of the California bar has told me that if I get a concealed carry permit and use it I will have to get concealed carry insurance. If you use your CCP it get real expensive to defend yourself in court. His theory is that you are going to have to defend yourself in court one way or another. Have insurance and let them provide the attorney. You don't want to be free but broke.

buckwheatpaul
05-11-2023, 07:16 AM
I've been a member of Texas Law Shield for years....I am retired L.E. and know the pitfalls that happen if you have to use your pistol! The least is a ride to headquarters and possibly to jail for the day or night depending on what the witnesses and detectives gleam from the scene! I dont leave home without either of them! As long as I am not violating the law when the act happens I am covered and if ya have to call the emergency (24 hrs / day) number it is answered by a lawyer and not an answering company. They are even with you during the civil process after the criminal portion is dismissed.....My 2 cents for what it is worth!

farmerjim
05-11-2023, 07:26 AM
I did not have it in the past, but do now. I have never used CC but wife has to stop being robbed of $14,000 from sales at an antique show.

Rapier
05-11-2023, 07:40 AM
Of importance to every person that carries, a carbon copy of the FL Stand Your Ground Law, has or will be introduced in the US House. The idea is to make the carry laws and self defense laws universal in every state in the US. Mat Getz the FL 1st District representative was the sponsor of the law in Florida and defended the law successfully, before the Supreme Court, as the FL legal representative. The law would eliminate such things as, retreat, law suits for self defense, the inability to bring a counter suit in that you would have the right to bring suit against the attacker, their estate, their family, etc. No doubt this law will be opposed by those opposed to the right of self defense or a clarification of all state laws regarding such events.
As with the original law, the lies about the law have already started in the media.

MrWolf
05-11-2023, 09:59 AM
I have CCW Safe along with some others here. Just having it gives a small comfort when you know I you need to use your weapon, you will be under a microscope especially if in a blue area.

Der Gebirgsjager
05-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Same as Mr. Wolf.

DG

Kestrel4k
05-11-2023, 01:48 PM
What are folks generally paying for this sort of coverage ?

Battis
05-11-2023, 06:00 PM
CCW Safe seems like the way to go for me (in MA). It costs more than some, but the coverage looks really good.

Battis
05-11-2023, 06:09 PM
Then there's USCCA. About the same price. Hmmm...

bedbugbilly
05-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Average premiums per year?

justindad
05-11-2023, 06:45 PM
CCW Safe starts at $209/year.

MrWolf
05-12-2023, 10:22 AM
CCW Safe starts at $209/year.

Just checked my bill. $209 and a Legacy Plan discount of $30 for a total of $179. Was checking and got a message about having to change the password for new site and messed up. Figures.