PDA

View Full Version : Postal Match Schedule

lar45
01-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Cast Boolits Postal Match

I talked to Ric about offering some bullet lube prizes for each of the Postal Matches. http://www.lsstuff.com/lube
For 1st place, I’ll send 8 sticks of lube. 4 of my High Speed Carnauba Red Lube and 4 of my Alox lube.
For last place, I’ll send 1 stick of each.
Ric will supply me with the winners mailing address after targets have been scored.
Below is Ric’s list of upcoming matches shortened up somewhat so you can print it off and hang next to your computer.

Cast Boolits Postal Match

You don't pay no stinkin' money, but you still takes your chances. This is a fun shoot, and your honesty is accepted as a given. Remember, bribes will be cheerfully accepted, as in the past. All excuses gleefully ignored, ridiculed, guffawed, and snickered at.
10 Shot Groups

Military surplus rifles, original configuration, as issued. Fifty yards off hand, and fifty yards bench. Ten shots each. Ends February 1.

lever action. This will be fired at 50 yards, OFFHAND, ten shot group. Ends February 15.

Sporterized milsurps, 100 yards, benchrest. Ends March 1.

Scoped and aperture sight rifles, .30 and over, 50 yards offhand.
Ends March 15.

Sub-.30 cal, 100 yards bench. Ends March 15.

Factory rifle, iron sights, fifty yard offhand. Ends March 30.

BPCR, 100 yards, X sticks. Ends April 1.

Any iron sight pistol, 25 yards offhand. Ends April 15.

Any scoped pistol, 100 yards bench. Ends May 1.

Use whatever target you prefer, as this will be measured center to center, so the guys with fat bullets won't have an advantage on any match we shoot.

All matches can be shot with as many targets as you wish, and submit your best.

All entries must have information on firearm, sights, bullet, powder charge, lube, chrony info, if you have it. This helps us all build a data base for loads.

Oh, did I mention, CAST BULLETS ONLY in all matches!

If you wish to shoot more than one match in the given period, or if you want to shoot them all at once, you can submit targets for more than one match at a time. The dates are just cut-offs, so I can herd the scores together in a hopefully timely manner.

Overseas entrants, email me at waksupi@aboutmontana.net for scoring instructions. All others will only be accepted as postal entries, sent to

Ric Carter
305 Cramer Creek Road
Somers, Montana 59932

If the Canadian shooters want to have one person to send your targets to in-country, and then one person to forward the package to save postage, that's fine, or I may accept email entries from you.

If you have shooting friends that aren't members of this board, but still shoot cast, they are also welcome to submit targets.

I will not be posting this on other boards this year, as most cast bullet aficionados have made this their home, and should already know about it from this post.

I did consider just having you post your targets here, but was afraid we would burn up too much bandwidth. If I hear differently from Ken and Willie, this may go into effect. If I get a go-ahead, I will start a new topic for results posting.

All entrants wishing to receive some of Fatnhappy's cast bullet load data sheets, please enclose a stamped, self addressed envelope. These are a self adhesive tag that fits nicely in the top of your cartridge boxes.

I'm sure I've missed something, so if you have any questions, let 'em fly!

Good luck, good shooting, and be safe.

45nut
01-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Thread is now a "sticky" and many many thanks for your generous donations Glenn.

grumble
01-21-2006, 03:00 PM
"...For last place, I’ll send 1 stick of each..."

Let me get this straight -- if I send Waksupi a blank target, I get some free lube?

RayinNH
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Grumble, you better hope the group on your blank target is larger than the group on my blank target :razz: ...Ray

The Nyack Kid
01-21-2006, 06:35 PM
It is becoming apparent that im not going to be much of a threat in the lever action match . how ever if a sore shoulder prize were given out to the guy with the Meanest kicking , highest house power , most times shot at a peice of paper then i would be a serous contender.
golly i hurts.

waksupi
01-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Kid. you do know, that self abuse is bad for the eyes.

lar45
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Kid, I was at the range last week shooting the 470 NE double. 500gn cast at 2150. Gun weighs just over 9lb. Is that enough rip and snort for ya? I shot a couple dozen rounds and was getting kind of punchy from the recoil. I couldn't remember what I was supposed to do next, so I packed up and went home.

The Nyack Kid
01-22-2006, 03:23 PM
ahh ,its a 490 gr boolit going 1750 fps out of a 7.5 lb fully loaded rifle .yesterday i shot up everything in the 50 round box and every thing in the 20 round box best group i got was three inches @ 50 off hand ..... me thinks i need to practice some more . me thinks i should also put the Past Pad on too, i will also barrow my dads merit apature site . Of course in the log run it would just be cheaper to bribe the judge.

waksupi
01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Don't discount the advantage of bribing the judge. He can be bought, I have on good word. But, he ain't cheap!

The Nyack Kid
01-29-2006, 02:24 AM
boy howdy am i having tectnical diffacultys (spelling would be one of em)
post office returned the envalope , seems there wasn't enough postage , bull there was 39 cents ... a 37 cent stamp and two pennys taped in the right place , maybe i will use clear tape next time instead of duct tape .
oh well that target wasnt too great anyways it took me 14 shots to get ten of em to show on the computer printer paper target . tested the rifle and load from the bench , hopeing to blame the "shotgun tendacys" on the rifle , ten sloppy shots later i had a 1.5 inch group ..... dang not the gun i'll blame it on the snow then :violin: it got in my eyes
i WILL get a good group tommarow even if it kills me (i'll probably run out of gun powder first) im also running out of bullets goin to have to solve that problem. i belive im about 120 shots into this . practice practice practice

JSH
01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Going to give it a goo today. You will get what ever I end up with regardless of groups.
Uh can I shoot the offhand until I get at least 10 holes in the paper? <grin>
Jeff