PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, May 07

Pine Baron
05-07-2023, 06:24 AM
Good morning all. I took the liberty of adding the scripture that was quoted in this excellent message. Have a safe and blessed day.

Today's Scripture - Hagee Ministries

II Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

Daily Truth

The greatness of God living inside of us causes us to be “more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37). We must rediscover our identity as the Church Triumphant. We are the salt of the earth. We are the light of the world. We are the hands and feet of Jesus. The way to triumph is not by force, but with the power of God’s love through Jesus Christ.

The church cannot afford to remain silent in the face of evil. Romans 12:21 commands that we "do not be overcome by evil", but that we go on the offensive to "overcome evil with good". We triumph over deception and lies with the voice of truth.

When the church sees a need, we must move to meet that need. We triumph over poverty and lack with empowerment and kindness. We triumph over selfishness with sacrifice, over greed with giving. We triumph over sorrow with joy, over despair with hope. Where does that triumph originate? It does not come from a government plan or a social service. That kind of triumph flows from a God Who is greater and Who has placed that greatness in us!

He is greater than every enemy. He met His enemies at Calvary and conquered them there.

He is greater than every sickness. He bore our diseases on His back. "...By His stripes, we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5).

He is greater than every need. "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19).

He is greater than every bondage and addiction. He is the Anointed One Who breaks the yoke of bondage and Who sets captives free. "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36).

He is greater than every mountain that you face. He can take that mountain and cast it into the sea. "...but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done." (Matthew 21:21).

He is greater than every sorrow. In His presence, we can find fullness of joy.
"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (Psalm 16:11).

This Greatness is not a secret to be kept. Let’s use it into a waiting world. We are His light shining forth. We are like a city built on a hill — impossible to hide. God uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume. He causes us to triumph!

Today's Blessing
Heavenly Father, help me to use Your greatness to those around me. Let me liberally share Your love. Let me fill up this world with the fragrance of You. In Jesus’ name… Amen.

ioon44
05-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Amen, great message.

USMC87
05-07-2023, 08:13 AM
Amen, a great message today.