PDA

View Full Version : Just a word to the Browning BDA 380 owners

rintinglen
05-04-2023, 09:06 PM
On my BDA, the stock wooden grips were a bit oversize for my taste. I wanted a set of Altamonts, like I have on my Beretta 81, but there were none to be had, "temporarily out of stock." Searching the internet, I found the cupboard pretty bare, but then I looked on amazon and came across the LOK grips for the Beretta 81/84. One of the reviewers stated that they would fit a Browning BDA, so I took a chance and ordered a set, figuring If they didn't fit, I could return them. Well, they fit pretty well and feel much better than the factory grips. The only drawback is the gap at the rear of the top of the grip panels that accommodates the frame mounted safety on the Beretta. The BDA has a slide mounted safety/de-cocker, ala the Beretta 92, so there is a gap for no purpose. But the enhanced feel is worth the slight damage to the appearance of the firearm.

I can say they feel much better, the rough feeling of the checkering helps pin the pistol in the hand against the recoil of the mighty .380 cartridge.;-)