PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Texas folks .............

Ohio Rusty
04-29-2023, 10:41 AM
The wife saw a place she is interested in in Fairfield Texas. Does anyone have any opinions of what is it like in Fairfield Texas and would it be a good city to move to ?? Are there any places in or around Fairfield where you can hunt, shoot, fish, target ranges that are good for muzzleloaders etc. ??
Ohio Rusty ><>

1Papalote
04-29-2023, 01:51 PM
Fairfield is just north of Buffalo, Centerville, Normangee.......all deer/hog hunting destinations. There are several state lands within a short drive (short drive in Texas is different from other states). Lakes abound within the same drive. To hunt private land in Texas will likely require a lease fee.
I'd research crime rates/deomgraphic type for my target areas. I am not familiar with Fairfield in particular.
The greatest population of deer are in the central part of the state.

fallingblock
04-29-2023, 01:52 PM
There is a shooting range of some sort west of town, I’ve seen the sign on the highway but I’ve never been there.

Winger Ed.
04-29-2023, 02:32 PM
It's in a good area of the state.
But like most small towns here, ya kind of need to bring your own money.
Job opportunities are kind of minimal once you get away from a big city.

Texas by God
04-30-2023, 11:39 AM
I’ve hunted outside of Mexia(Muh Hay Yuh)[emoji3]
Thick with trees, deer and hogs.
Fairfield is close by.
Great muzzleloader country there.
I45 cuts through Fairfield to get you to Big D or Bigger H- although a reason to go to either one escapes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popper
05-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Friend has a few acres north of the town, likes it. Not in city but mail comes through there. Most property is private and the Richland-chambers rec area has been dumped by state.

Fishman
05-01-2023, 04:37 PM
The local state park and reservoir has been bought by a developer and it looks like it will be closed. While individual rights are highly valued in Texas, collective rights often take a backseat to economic development.