PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Barrel Blank

Capn Jack
04-28-2023, 06:40 PM
I'm looking for a 9mm barrel blank aprox. 21-22" long and 1" in dia. This is for a Kids size BP rifle project. The places I've checked so far are out of stock, or pistol length. :sad:

kenton
04-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Green Mountain has some, larger diameter than 1" though.

https://www.gmriflebarrel.com/SearchForm.aspx?search=9mm&exclude=&mode=store&index=0&size=20&searchtype=0

LAGS
04-28-2023, 08:47 PM
If you can't find the barrel you like or can afford, think about having a used barrel relined and the rifling twist cut to what you feel is needed for the type of Boolits you want to use.
This is something that Bobby Hoyt can make for you.

Capn Jack
04-29-2023, 01:35 AM
Thanks all for the advise. Still looking...The ones I've found so far, the shipping is a killer. :shock:

waksupi
05-06-2023, 11:08 AM
If you could live with an 8mm, lots of old milsurp barrels around for next to nothing or free.

LAGS
05-06-2023, 12:46 PM
I made a BP rifle out of an old mil surp barrel once.
It didn't work too well.
The rifling twist was too fast and for some reason the BP fouled the rifling after every shot.
But the barrels will work if you have them Re Bored or Re Lined to a different caliber.
But those barrels are not a 1" diameter like the OP is looking for.

Capn Jack
05-06-2023, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I had been hoping to stay with a caliber that I already cast. I'm trying to put together a child sized rifle for my Grandson in the hopes that his liberal mother doesn't have him to badly brainwashed. :-(

LAGS
05-06-2023, 01:47 PM
That is what is nice about BP rifles.
You can build them in very reduced size for kids to use.
The barrel length and overall length is not restricted by federal laws.
I intend to build my granddaughter a small rifle.
She turns 4 tomorrow.