PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs lil' dandy question.

lcclower
04-20-2023, 10:37 AM
I have a couple of 'Lil Dandy powder measures, use them loading pistol, 300BLK, 7.62x39.

I wonder if anyone has cobbled together a case activated linkage to use a LD on a progressive press.

That could save a lifetime of adjusting a Dillon powder measure to drop a couple or three grains of Bullseye.

Enquiring minds want to know.

poppy42
04-20-2023, 12:23 PM
Nope. I use a Lee Autodisk or Autodrum

Green Frog
04-20-2023, 12:36 PM
For someone mechanically inclined, it would just involve a collar with a loop for the linkage rod to attach to the rotor, and perhaps a new linkage rod of the proper length fabbed up. I don’t know of anyone having done it, but it’s well within the realm of possibility.
Froggie

dannyd
04-20-2023, 12:59 PM
The old RCBS Green machine had a powder drop based on the little dandy principal may want to check that out.

lcclower
04-22-2023, 03:28 PM
I looked at some youtoob videos and one showed a LD on a gree machine. Looking for a parts diagram from that era, probably get one from RCBS I'll call them Monday. TYVM and I'll update as developments develop.

The Dar
04-22-2023, 06:55 PM
I looked at some youtoob videos and one showed a LD on a gree machine. Looking for a parts diagram from that era, probably get one from RCBS I'll call them Monday. TYVM and I'll update as developments develop.

I didn't look through it for a parts diagram, but RCBS has the Green Machine on their website:

https://www.rcbs.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-HuntShootAccessoriesSharedLibrary/default/dw5460f418/productPdfFiles/rcbsPdf/FINAL_GREEN_MACHINE.pdf