PDA

View Full Version : GB Wire Aide

zxcvbob
02-08-2009, 02:47 AM
I know some of y'all use GB cable-pulling lubes as for case necks and resizing. Has anyone tried using it as a bullet lube? I bought a bottle of Rooster Jacket lube and have been impressed by how well it works in low-to-moderate power pistol loads. (I think Lee Liquid Alox may work better for hot loads) and I noticed how similar the Rooster Jacket looks to Wire Aide. The Wire Aide is too thick right out of the bottle, but I could dilute it about 50% with hot water...

Buckshot
02-08-2009, 04:12 AM
...........I've heard of folks using it as an ingredient part of thier lube making, but never as a stand alone 'Wash' type lube.

..................Buckshot

MT Gianni
02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
AIRC one f the members used it once on pistol low velocity loads. He claimed to have never seen as much leading. It is a great cheap case lube and I would not try to extend it's use when so many other things work so well.

zxcvbob
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
MTG, Thanks for the warning. I still may try it once when I run out of Rooster Jacket and Lee Liquid Alox -- but since I probably have a lifetime supply of each... :)

oso
02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
IIRC Gardner Bender makes several wire pulling lubes. I use the wax base 61G5 for straight wall case lube diluted with rubbing alcohol to spray it, but even straight it is marginal for bottle neck cases. I wouldn't consider it for bullet lube (I've got plenty of LA and paste wax.)