PDA

View Full Version : When will Number 11 caps be available from CCI

barnetmill
04-18-2023, 01:16 AM
About june for CCI to make a run of musket caps is the promise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IyP7LhbRQ

megasupermagnum
04-18-2023, 11:33 AM
Plenty of #10 around. Might be worth buying a #10 nipple.

Pipefitter
04-18-2023, 02:42 PM
Short answer: When Michigan beats Ohio State and the Lions win the Superbowl.....

Froogal
04-18-2023, 03:39 PM
Plenty of #10 around. Might be worth buying a #10 nipple.

WHERE? I've not been able to find ANY percussion caps anywhere. None on-line, and when I ask at a gun store I just get laughed at.

SSGOldfart
04-18-2023, 04:51 PM
Madway had them a couple weeks ago if they are all gone sign up to be notified when they come in I think I've still got a couple thousand. But be warned they are a little pricey.
good luck

Shawlerbrook
04-18-2023, 04:59 PM
When will( substitute what you are looking for here) be available ?

36g
04-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Scheels has had them. The local Farm Supply has them (Fleet Farm).

dondiego
04-18-2023, 06:19 PM
Short answer: When Michigan beats Ohio State and the Lions win the Superbowl.....

Well, Michigan has beaten OSU the last 2 years...........the Lions have NEVER won the Superbowl.............I am still waiting.

megasupermagnum
04-18-2023, 08:14 PM
WHERE? I've not been able to find ANY percussion caps anywhere. None on-line, and when I ask at a gun store I just get laughed at.

I'm not sure I've been in a store yet that hasn't had them. Once in a while I've seen #11's. Not a lot mind you, and very expensive, but they are there. Sodak sports, Runnings, and Walmart in Aberdeen, SD all have #10 or #11 percussion caps. Runnings in Watertown, SD had them a few weeks ago. It's been a couple of months, but the Fleet Farm in Alexandria, MN had #10's.

Lots of #10's around here, pretty much any store I've been into has had them.

Minerat
04-18-2023, 08:34 PM
Sportsman Warehouse has them from time to time. I think I paid $4.00 a hundred limit 200 but wife got 200 too. When you are out and have a new to you Ruger old Army you want to shoot then the price was right.

Pereira
04-18-2023, 08:55 PM
There is a shop about 35-40 miles south of me that pretty much always has them when I visit.
I think I have 7 to 800 in the cabinet right about my primer stash.
I bought a few hundred last Fall at the WW for less than $6 a 100.

RP

elk hunter
04-19-2023, 09:38 AM
I've been looking for #10's for over a year, nada. I need them for my revolvers. #11's and musket, I've got enough to last me from now on as I just don't shoot as much as I did in the past.

Jungle Dave
04-20-2023, 11:14 AM
I've got a 1000 box of CCI #11 mags in a little nook that nobody can find. I'm only actually using the ones I have left over in the shop, which should last a year or two. Aside from that, shooting flint more and more until anything ever changes. I even began contemplating a matchlock build, and the more I look into it, the more I like it.

LAGS
06-01-2023, 11:32 AM
Factory caps are better.
But it don't matter if you can't find them.
Or Afford them
That is the same kind of cap maker that I use.

Brimstone
06-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Don't care anymore. Only thing I'm not making is brass and that's only because Starline hasn't yet been sold off, so they're still both reasonable and actually fulfilling orders with real product rather than excuses.

barnetmill
09-19-2023, 03:29 PM
I've got a 1000 box of CCI #11 mags in a little nook that nobody can find. I'm only actually using the ones I have left over in the shop, which should last a year or two. Aside from that, shooting flint more and more until anything ever changes. I even began contemplating a matchlock build, and the more I look into it, the more I like it.

I wonder for a match lock if some sort of electric igniter could be use.

LAGS
09-19-2023, 05:23 PM
I made a pistol that used model rocket rocket engine ignitors.
It worked.
But there was a small delay from when you pulled the trigger switch , and the ignitor went off.
That was back when I was a kid.
I could not find primer caps where I lived.
But I might be able to build something better now a days.

barnetmill
09-19-2023, 07:04 PM
I made a pistol that used model rocket rocket engine ignitors.
It worked.
But there was a small delay from when you pulled the trigger switch , and the ignitor went off.
That was back when I was a kid.
I could not find primer caps where I lived.
But I might be able to build something better now a days.

You some sort of high voltage capacity to fire it. Remington at one time did have electrical primers of some sort.

MUSTANG
09-20-2023, 10:18 AM
Last time I used an electric primer was in an M60A1 Tank main 105mm gun. Of course; they had back up systems for when the primary electronic ignition failed.

I have been making caps using the Prime All Mixture from 22LR Sharpshooter using their Cap Maker Punch (unable to locate my original Tap-O-Cap two years ago caused me to buy their cap die). I have had excellent ignition using the Prime All Mixture and other Primer Mixtures in my .50 Hawken, https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/collections/10-percussion-cap-maker

barnetmill
09-20-2023, 01:11 PM
Last time I used an electric primer was in an M60A1 Tank main 105mm gun. Of course; they had back up systems for when the primary electronic ignition failed.

I have been making caps using the Prime All Mixture from 22LR Sharpshooter using their Cap Maker Punch (unable to locate my original Tap-O-Cap two years ago caused me to buy their cap die). I have had excellent ignition using the Prime All Mixture and other Primer Mixtures in my .50 Hawken, https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/collections/10-percussion-cap-maker

Eventually I may have to buy that sort of tool and also a lot of the components needed to make the priming compound. I am sure that within a year that caps will be more available since now primers are dropping. But this business of political cycles making ammo and components disappear is getting old and having a source of at least percussion caps is desirable.

triggerhappy243
09-20-2023, 01:29 PM
for all those who do not know, muzzleloader caps are a seasonal item at walmart. Ask your local store mgr. to order you some ahead of time.

Dark Vaj
09-23-2023, 03:43 AM
Got some #11 from my local Academy store several weeks ago but man are they pricey at 11.99 per tin! I remember it was only 4.99 per tin pre-covid!

lead chucker
09-24-2023, 03:38 AM
Go to Ardvark reloading on the web and learn to make your own. I make my own and they work really good. Not hard to make once you get what you need and they are almost free to make. I made my own cap maker and got the components from skylighter fire works. A pound of potassium chlorate and a pound of antimonié trisulfide a little sulfur and thats all you need except some pop can for making the cap cup. The chemicals i think im all in for $50.00 bucks and i have enough to make caps for the rest of my life and ten other peoples life. Worth checking out and doing. I wish i knew about doing this years ago. I can make 100 caps in around 20 minutes if i have the cups all pre made which i do.