PDA

View Full Version : Of Interest

William Yanda
04-16-2023, 09:37 AM
America’s first heroes: Revolutionary War soldiers reburied

I came across this story this morning and thought others might be interested. 12 soldiers buried in a shallow grave near Camden, SC are being relocated. How they concluded that they were teens from Delaware and MD would be interesting to determine, mineral composition of the remains?

RIP heros.

KenH
04-16-2023, 09:50 AM
That is of interest. You forgot to include the link to the article. Is this one the article you read?
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-04-15/americas-first-heroes-revolutionary-war-soldiers-reburied

Fishman
04-19-2023, 03:36 PM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that. The link is worth a read.

GregLaROCHE
04-19-2023, 04:29 PM
I believe those who have been buried should be left alone, undisturbed where they are. Why are they being moved. Land development?

Omega
04-19-2023, 05:02 PM
I believe those who have been buried should be left alone, undisturbed where they are. Why are they being moved. Land development?

Probably on a farm somewhere, said that the bones were damaged by plows, so best they get moved where that won't happen.

Smoke4320
04-19-2023, 05:19 PM

I agree

Rapier
04-19-2023, 06:29 PM
The people of this country deserve exactly what they allow. Desecration of graves and cemeteries like returning so many returnable bottles. Maybe we can dig up Arlington and build a high rise apartment complex there, does not mean much.

Half Dog
04-19-2023, 06:42 PM

I’ll be willing to bet money is the issue.

William Yanda
04-20-2023, 09:25 AM

Allegedly the remains were buried in shallow graves and had already been disturbed by a watermelon farmer.

GregLaROCHE
04-20-2023, 03:02 PM
I just happened across this today. Apparently, WWII sunken war ships, that are considered grave sites by the UN, are being robbed for the scrap metal and no consideration is given to the human remains.

https://youtu.be/6m7AMZBl5XI

William Yanda
04-20-2023, 04:04 PM
I just happened across this today. Apparently, WWII sunken war ships, that are considered grave sites by the UN, are being robbed for the scrap metal and no consideration is given to the human remains.

https://youtu.be/6m7AMZBl5XI

On those circumstances I whole heartedly agree with you! In the case of the soldiers in the original post, reburial in a recognized cemetery is probably a choice. A more expeditious choice than trying to create a cemetery at the original site.

GregLaROCHE
04-20-2023, 09:30 PM
Apparently the steel has a high value because it was not exposed to radiation, like all the other steel on earth.