PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack-computers and infections =survived!

sav300
04-14-2023, 08:04 AM
Hi Folks.
After a long break,I am back.
First the good news,after 14 days in cardiac clinic and a stent fitted. am good.
After hospital stay ,computer felt the need to fail and was rebuilt, which led to lots of problems. Logging on to any site was not possible for some time and the hardest one was cast boolits.
And now the infections (twice,same place) was another several days in hospital under the care of a professor of infectious diseases.
But, I survived!

Rapier
04-14-2023, 08:23 AM
Good on ya, been there done that, welcome news that you are still on the green side.[smilie=s:

lightman
04-14-2023, 09:18 AM
Glad to have you back. Hopefully you're out of the woods!

sparky45
04-14-2023, 09:36 AM
What's that saying "Hard to keep a good man down"! Glad you're on the mend.

Charlie Horse
04-14-2023, 09:36 AM
Hang in there! I had orthoscopic back surgery 1.5 years ago. Came down with an infection. They put in a PICC line and my wife did the antibiotics for 6 weeks. She's a qualified nurse. A home-health nurse came by every few days. So I know what you are going through. My experience wasn't bad. But in retrospect it makes me shudder.

MrWolf
04-14-2023, 10:26 AM
Wow. Glad you are doing better. I can't stand hospitals. When I had my back surgery, I was supposed to be in for three days. I begged, badgered, etc. my doc explaining my 6'2" EMT son would be with me and my PA daughter was a phone call away. They made me walk the entire floor but I got to be his first ever patient to go home the same day. I can't sleep in a regular bed. Much prefer the floor. Good luck.
Ron

GregLaROCHE
04-14-2023, 02:53 PM
Hospitals are no fun. Unfortunately, as we get older they start to be more and more a part of life.
Glad you got out. I hope your stay wasn’t too bad. I can’t stand the food!

NSB
04-14-2023, 03:50 PM
Sav300,
Glad to hear you’re on the mend. Hang in there buddy, I have two friends who spent a lot of time in the hospital for heart problems. One of them was in for over a year waiting for a transplant. That was eight years ago (should say will be eight years in July). He’s getting around great since then. Never give up, it’s sometimes a tough fight but one that can be won. Wish you the best.

Teddy (punchie)
04-14-2023, 03:53 PM
Life is a battle all you can do is move and eat as best as you can and did I say move stay active.

For me it been rough at times but just like today I was able to get on the roof and fix the shingles and chalk the gaps around the leaking mortar joints around the chimney. I'm glad I was able to get up and get it done.