PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of black, anyone heard a peep out of Estes/Goex lately?

Abert Rim
04-11-2023, 09:50 AM
The Web site reads like they are in full production and distribution, but I haven't heard of any actual powder sightings.

Don McDowell
04-11-2023, 10:07 AM
They will be shipping regular Goex about any time now. Olde Eynsford will be along in a couple of months. They will be using the same dealers/distributors.
That's per the chairman of Estes a couple of weeks ago.

Abert Rim
04-11-2023, 12:17 PM
Thanks Don. I had missed that statement.

Don McDowell
04-11-2023, 12:23 PM
He told me that in a pm conversation on another forum. But he did elude to it in posts he made on that forum under the topic about Goex powder.
Patience and perseverance I suppose.

Abert Rim
04-11-2023, 05:29 PM
Just as long as they are on track -- and we are all keeping the faith. Everyone wants them to succeed.

gc45
04-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Very good! I had thought Hodgon drops making black for good, can someone enlighten us just what is happening there? is another company picking it up; what gives, from a guy who is not informed..

megasupermagnum
04-11-2023, 07:59 PM
Very good! I had thought Hodgon drops making black for good, can someone enlighten us just what is happening there? is another company picking it up; what gives, from a guy who is not informed..

Hodgdon sold Goex to Estes Rocketry about 2 years ago. Goex has always been slated for "early 2023" for shipping. All seems to have gone according to plan. I'm excited.

Randy Bohannon
04-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Email from Buffalo Arms is taking orders for Jun/Jul expected delivery.

Deadeye Bly
04-12-2023, 08:41 PM
I spoke with a Master Distributor today and he is expecting a shipment in June.

Dave T
04-13-2023, 02:15 PM
Email from Buffalo Arms is taking orders for Jun/Jul expected delivery.

I got the same e-mail. Looking forward to the e-mail announcing the return of Olde Eynsford.

Dave

Gobeyond
04-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Me too. Schuetzen is dry as a bone. Hope for the same quality?!

GregLaROCHE
04-23-2023, 10:29 PM
After it is produced, it will take a little time for it to work it’s way down through the distribution chains.

freakonaleash
04-30-2023, 09:27 AM
Easily the most discussed topic on the interwebs

Cap'n Morgan
04-30-2023, 09:59 AM
Easily the most discussed topic on the interwebs

It seems black powder is still needed in various military stuff...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-u-s-military-has-an-explosive-problem-6e1a1049

Don McDowell
04-30-2023, 10:15 AM
That WSJ article is pretty wild, and full of half truths. I wonder if the guy that penned that is the same one that said a few years ago the firearms industry was going belly up because new shooters weren't coming in and the older shooters didn't like the lightweight plastic stocked guns?
It also doesn't mention there's only been one manufacturer of blackpowder in the US since the Hazard plant burnt to the ground over 100 years ago.

Griff
06-11-2023, 04:49 PM
Latest news I heard was late July/Aug for deliveries.

freakonaleash
06-11-2023, 06:13 PM
They are making powder now.

armoredman
06-12-2023, 02:22 AM
Is it out on the shelves?

freakonaleash
06-12-2023, 07:34 AM
Nope. Couple months probably.

Abert Rim
06-12-2023, 09:28 AM
Statement on the Maine Powder House Web site:
6/8/2023 – Good evening! Dealers received an email from GOEX on their progress. The email wasn’t full of much information, other than to say GOEX is back in production, but are processing some government contracts first. No update on when they will start production on sporting powder, hoping they will give us an update by the end of the month.

Ithaca Gunner
06-12-2023, 06:30 PM
This from the N-SSA site 2 days ago, pretty much what's already been posted, with a job opening if anyone here is so inclined.

Goex restarted production last week.

Thank you for your patience on this long road to restarting production. Rebuilding and running a black powder plant safely is not a trivial matter. We brought in explosives manufacturing experts and made improvements throughout the plant. We made numerous repairs. We added to and trained the team. All these steps were necessary before we could restart.

I know a lot of people on this forum are wondering what powder we're making. We're starting with a mix of commercial, sporting, and military powder. Olde Eynsford is planned for later this year. Ask our network of distributors when they'll have Goex powder back on the shelf.

Finally, for anybody with mechanical aptitude, a desire to live in a small town, and a passion for black powder (I bet there's a few of you on this forum), we're hiring an assistant maintenance supervisor. You'd get to join a great team and help make the product you're passionate about.
https://estesenergetics.applytojob.c...nce-Supervisor