PDA

View Full Version : Howdy boys, I'm Back!

MightyThor
04-10-2023, 05:05 PM
Funny how life takes you in so many different directions. Kids grow up, go to college, move out, get married, start a career. Luckily my Son in Law likes to shoot and is now wanting to learn to reload and the other things involved with ammo creation. You would never believe how much crap can get piled on a loading bench when you are not paying attention. So about a week ago I bought a new pistol in a new to me caliber and went looking for see what I would need to start loading for it. I won't show anyone the horror that found when I finally dug my way back to that part of the shop where the boolit stuff is kept, but it was not pretty, not by a long shot. Plus, it had been so long since I was on this Forum that I actually had to request a new password because none of the ones I have used in the last 5 years would work. Hopefully I can still contribute, but it looks like a lot of things have moved beyond me since I started on this site.

elmacgyver0
04-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Couldn't possibly be any worse than mine.

SeabeeMan
04-10-2023, 05:35 PM
Welcome back! I went down a rabbit hole of reading my old posts a little while back. The big thing is lubes! I thought I was just getting up to speed on all manner of different lubes as Hi-Tek got big, and with good reason.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Your presence and posts will be highly valued. Welcome home.

DG

Reg
04-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Welcome back. Looking forward to any new post!

Ajax111
04-10-2023, 08:55 PM
I'm a new guy on here, joining last year around this time. I have read a number of your older swaging posts and found them very interesting.
Glad to have you, and the knowledge you bring, back on the site.
BTW I do understand about the work bench, my wife asked the other day if my bench was still under "that pile of stuff"

SSGOldfart
04-10-2023, 09:58 PM
welcome back Good to see some old timers return. [smilie=l:

Beerd
04-10-2023, 10:00 PM
Welcome back, and congratulations on the Son-in-Law!

lightman
04-11-2023, 11:25 AM
Welcome Back! Benched do get cluttered when not used.

No_1
04-11-2023, 01:08 PM
Welcome back!

GregLaROCHE
04-11-2023, 03:45 PM
Welcome back. It’s a law of physics, that any unused surface will have lots of stuff piled on top of it.

45workhorse
04-11-2023, 05:29 PM
Welcome back. It’s a law of physics, that any unused surface will have lots of stuff piled on top of it.

It's a law of physics, any used space will have a very small opening in the center, the rest piled and pushed back

At least for me:bigsmyl2:

Rapier
04-11-2023, 06:13 PM
Sounds like your SIL has a reloader, caster teacher. Sounds like you want to give him proper instruction so you might have a shared interest and he wants to learn. Sounds fair to me, just watch the little spats and navigate those. My SIL is a shooter and reloader, I stay away from the mine fields that spats can turn into.

Teddy (punchie)
04-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Enjoy the time with your new friend. Nothing better then teaching to refresh the mind.

Did you find anything that you were looking for on the bench?

Glad your back to teach and maybe learn some new tricks.

atr
04-11-2023, 07:12 PM
welcome back...:p

MightyThor
04-20-2023, 04:28 PM
Started to cast 9mm, bought a new pistol, SA35, new MP mold, 400 new cases, 1000 primers (ouch, that still stings) a couple of used Cramer sizers and a few dies, then found my Stars in an attic,(howd those get there) and litterally had to dig my lead out from under a pile of steel. If it ever stops snowing here I am gonna get to shoot my new gun.