PDA

View Full Version : A question

Johnch
01-21-2006, 01:33 AM
I signed up for the aimoo site to scrounge data and ideas.

Why the change to here ?

Not complaining , just wondered .

Johnch

waksupi
01-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Good question, and Willie or Ken can fill in what I miss. Basically, it boils down to the fact the operators in England were totally unresponsive to our needs, and had no concern about the viability, and continuance of the site. They were sounding darn shakey, and would take weeks, or months, to respond to questions. It was pretty obvious it was not going to be a dependable site, on which to build a long term data base. Willie offered this site, and has bent over backwards to accomadate us, and has done considerable updating to suit our desires. I should also mention, Ron Fischer, at Bait Shop Boyz, also offered his board, and did no little accomadation to try and make it home for us. In the end, Willie was able got give us the best forum, for what we like to do.
Keep in mind, there is a donations link at the bottom of the page, to keep this going. Now that I reminded myself, I'll be sending in some money shortly.

Buckshot
01-21-2006, 04:32 AM
..................What Waksupi said. Aimoo just didn't give a rat's patootie.

.................Buckshot

45nut
01-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Read above thoughts,,,I could not make it any plainer myself. Gunloads as a host has been 152% on our side.
How do I get the 152% ? Simply,Carpetman Ray helped me with the math. <grin>

Aimoo had some episodes of server fits that would last days,ignored requests and imposed their management edicts without thought. I surely don't miss them.

9.3X62AL
01-21-2006, 12:21 PM
No doubt about it--Gunloads has been the best siting BY FAR that I have seen since I joined Shooters.com in 1998. Internet permanence is not a common thing, for sure--but Ken's efforts to ensure our "homeland security" :-) has paid off in spades.