PDA

View Full Version : Older lee hand prime lids

Remiel
03-24-2023, 01:09 PM
I know a while back, I think it was on here somebody was offering 3-D printed versions of these lids. At the time funds were tight and I didn't "need" them. But now I have a little extra money I'm not stressing out as much, I'd like to order a set or maybe even get or purchase the STL off of somebody to make a few extra for myself and my father since I'm giving him my backup handpriming tool.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230324/a9cc9b6dc8500e20c3e609619bcd705c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

gwpercle
04-18-2023, 04:21 PM
I remember the "talk" and I even asked the fellow who was contemplating making them to put my name on the list . I have two covers held together with clear epoxy and tape ....
I have heard no more "talk" of the replacements ....

Has anyone else heard or knows anything ?
Gary

Smoke4320
04-18-2023, 04:59 PM
I am certain I could 3d print these. Just not sure what the cost would be.
For a piece that large in dia you are probably looking a a 4 hr plus print time to get any quality out of a transparent filament
What you you feel is a reasonable price less shipping of course ?

Remiel
04-18-2023, 09:47 PM
I am certain I could 3d print these. Just not sure what the cost would be.
For a piece that large in dia you are probably looking a a 4 hr plus print time to get any quality out of a transparent filament
What you you feel is a reasonable price less shipping of course ?I think it would boil down to the type of filament used and the printer, but I know lee sells the new ones for 9+ shipping( another 9 bucks) for a pair, so that's a starting point, I know cura gives the amount of filament used based on infil and design, and the average matter hackers kilo of transparent filament goes from about 25 to 50 a kg. I have access to a printer but do not own one(yet) and ironically the reason for the lids is to give one of my backup hand prime tools to my dad(the one with said printer). So I wouldn't be opposed to like 15 for a pair plus shipping.

Kai
04-18-2023, 09:57 PM
How about an original cover? Could you use that or are you set on a printed cover?

Remiel
04-18-2023, 10:32 PM
How about an original cover? Could you use that or are you set on a printed cover?I'm ok with either, I just need some so.dad will have a set for the spare I'm going to give him

Big Tom
04-20-2023, 10:35 PM
Here is a .stl file if you want to print a lid replacement: https://www.primercatcher.com/docs/lee_lid.stl
Cost of material should be below $1 and it takes less than 1 hr to print in a slow printing mode.

Big Tom
04-21-2023, 04:40 PM
This is how the printed one looks like: