PDA

View Full Version : Some days are better than others

owejia
03-21-2023, 10:08 AM
Granddaughter [Venessa] is stationed at Ft. Campbell, Ky. She came for a get together of our family a couple of weeks ago, for my youngest step-daughter celebrating her going to Jamaica in the Peace Corp for over two years, as she has just retired from her job. She was suppose to come for our last get together for step-daughter before leaving Sunday afternoon for Jamaica and bring me back a pound of Silhouette powder and bring her dog to stay for a week. Her job schedule got changed and she couldn't make it Sunday, so she came yesterday. Brought the powder and dog who will get to stay for two weeks now. While standing looking out the back door at the cows, I saw a coyote making it way into the grazing cows. Venessa had taken her 22 Ruger back home last time she was here, so I asked her if she could kill the coyote with my Savage axsis in .223 which she had never shot. Got the rifle for her and she used the top of the deck bannister to steady her shot. First shot missed and the coyote started running so I did my coyote howl and seem to stop and confuse it so loaded the mag with four more shells and after three more shots she put it down. Long shot at what we estimate over 350 yds. So we drove out in the field to get some pictures with the varmint and she was really excited. While eating lunch, her phone notified she had a message and she really got excited again, message was she had got promoted to buck sgt. She couldn't decide which event was more exciting. We shoot when she is here if we have time, mostly hand guns. Am working on several test hand loaded powders for her .380's. So yes for a old guy some days are still good.

William Yanda
03-21-2023, 10:12 AM
Congratulations on her promotion to Sergeant, and the kill.

contender1
03-21-2023, 10:16 AM
Yep,,, a good day for her for sure. AND you. Good memories for both!

MrWolf
03-21-2023, 09:19 PM
Very nice. Congrats on both counts!

Txcowboy52
03-21-2023, 11:02 PM
That’s awesome ! I can only imagine how much fun it was for the both of you. I can picture it in my mind . Great memories!

GregLaROCHE
03-22-2023, 01:15 AM
A great day for the both of you.

lightman
03-22-2023, 01:32 PM
It don't get much better than that.