PDA

View Full Version : Is there a forum that specializes in Winchester Commemoratives?

dverna
03-18-2023, 10:15 AM
Like the title says. Wondering if there is forum for people who collect these guns.

I have sold two here on the S&S subforum and one on Gunbroker. I have nine more to sell and wonder if a collector forum would be a better option.

I found this site; but if they have a selling/buying subforum, I cannot find it:
https://winchestercollector.org/

As to value, what are your thoughts on the value of consecutive numbered guns? Do they fetch a premium and how much more do you think they would they be worth?

Please do not contact me wrt to buying them. This post is not in the S&S. In any case, at this time, I am leaning to using Gunbroker for firearm sales The S&S limit on the number of sales ads per month makes GB a better option in my situation. I will be selling other stuff in the S&S as I dispose of things and want to remain within the rules.

Thanks for any guidance,

RickinTN
03-18-2023, 11:22 AM
24 hour campfire has a Winchester collectors forum and an unlimited Classifieds section. I have had pretty good luck there.
Good Luck, and take care!
Rick

MarkP
03-18-2023, 12:59 PM
I was actively watching Comm 94's 10+ yrs ago and recall some Canadian Cent consecutive serial numbers and Chief Crazy Horse pairs that were about 50 % more than what others had for staring price. They were relisted weekly. Seemed at that time the only ones that were selling had a reasonable starting price. (Single rifles not just consecutive sn) This is when a NIB Can Cent would sell around $500-$600 & CCH would be $800-$900 several had starting prices above the typical selling range and would routinely have no bids and be listed weekly. An older friend of mine did alot of buying and selling on Ebay and Gun Broker, he always claimed your selling price will be 25% higher if you have the acution end on a Sunday evening and start acution at a low price. That was a few yrs ago, so may not hold true today. His reasoning was people would watch auctions Sunday evening before going to work on Monday.

samari46
03-18-2023, 11:32 PM
Try Cherry's Fine Guns. They normally have some for sale. Frank

GregLaROCHE
03-19-2023, 12:48 AM
Gun Broker will get the most people seeing your ads. Serious collectors are probably looking there too. Otherwise, there are the famous big auction houses.