PDA

View Full Version : Tang sight--.357 m92 rossi

Hipshot
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone have any experiance with the Marble Tang Sight on a M92 .357 Mag. Rossi?
My eyesight is not what it use to be and I need an apature sight to effectably shoot this rifle!
Was any modification needed to the front sight to be able to sight in properly? The rifle shoots high with .357M ammo now.

Thanx in advance !
Hipshot

Jon K
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
The Marbles tang sight is adjustable for elevation and windage, so it shoud be OK, I sold my Marbles for a Browning'92 to Buckshot, who put it on his Rossi 92. I used a Lyman 17A with the widest post(old eyes) along with the peep.
Maybe Buckshot will chime in on this later tonight(night owl)

Jon

looseprojectile
02-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Took the Lyman tang sight off the 40 65 high wall and screwed it right on the LSI Puma 92 rifle, works good. Seems that any tang sight made for a Winchester will fit. I need to get a couple more. Front sight height should be no problem as you have a lot of adjustment high or low.
Life is good

Jon K
02-07-2009, 02:22 AM
looseprojectile,

I have an extra(Lyman 2), NOS, I bought from a member here, not gonna use it . PM me if you're interested.

Jon

Hipshot
02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
JonK,
Not really familiar with these type sights. Will check into the Lyman and get back to you!

Thanks guys for replys!

Hipshot

P.S. Do the sights install with just the one tang screw or is another hole have to be drilled and tapped?