PDA

View Full Version : I need your prayers

augercreek
03-13-2023, 08:49 AM
It seems that if I'm not physically doing something but just trying to relax, I am being attacked by crappy thoughts wandering all over the place! It's getting harder to take my noon nap or even rest a bit without being aggravated by disturbing thoughts! So I come to you all for prayer.

FergusonTO35
03-13-2023, 08:57 AM
Boy do I know the feeling! Prayers!

Rapier
03-13-2023, 08:58 AM
The first step is to believe there is a problem. Prayers for peaceful waters sent.

skeettx
03-13-2023, 09:10 AM
May God grant you peace.

Please read the book of John in the New Testament, it is God's
love story to us.

Prayers sent

Mike

frkelly74
03-13-2023, 09:14 AM
Be in the company of someone you love and be open and honest with them about your feelings. Talk it out, pray it out together. Do not take it on all by yourself. Satan picks off the loners one by one. Prayers are sent.

Pine Baron
03-13-2023, 09:28 AM
Prayers for peace and tranquility.
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference."

georgerkahn
03-13-2023, 09:32 AM
Prayers given.

square butte
03-13-2023, 09:57 AM
May the Peace of Christ be upon you & may you know His presence

Hickok
03-13-2023, 10:00 AM
Augercreek, prayers in the name of Christ Jesus for tranquility and peace of mind, amen!

If you keep loosing sleep over a long period of time, and the troubling thoughts continue, please see your doctor. You could be experiencing a chemical imbalance in your body that leads to depression. Nothing to be ashamed off, but you need to get help to get your system back on track.

I went through a severe bout of depression about 20 years ago. I tragically lost my 35 year old son to this 7 years ago. I miss him and think of him every day.

God renders help in many different ways,... by caring advice, by friends and loved ones and by medical doctors!

WRideout
03-13-2023, 10:04 AM
May the peace of Christ be with you.

Wayne

GhostHawk
03-13-2023, 10:16 AM
I have 2 recomendations, both of which I have implemented in the last year.

First, a face mask for sleeping, mine is silk, black on both sides, has an elastic band that holds it in place. Inside of a week it was like my body got the memo.
Lights go out, time for quiet thoughts and sleep.

Second is a small white noise generator. Personally I like the sound of a small brook or stream. Also sounds a lot like the water flowing under a small sailboat.
Helps keep me from hearing small noises that distract and take you down wrong paths.

Should be less than 50$ for both.
Mask is currently 9$ on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C21NYC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

18$ for the white noise.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RWRJ4XW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ioon44
03-13-2023, 10:18 AM
2 Corinthians 10:5
King James Version
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I pray for you to receive peace beyond understanding in Jesus name.

USMC87
03-13-2023, 10:31 AM
Satan attacks when we are most vulnerable, read Psalm 23 and pray about your thoughts. I am holding you up in prayer.

Good Cheer
03-13-2023, 10:33 AM
Prayers on the way.

Wayne Smith
03-13-2023, 11:00 AM
Prayers for peace on the way. "taking every thought into captivity" means an active process of evaluating every thought and rejecting those unworthy. One cannot stop a thought or image. It is impossible. One can replace one thought with another, but it takes some concentration and persistence. The unworthy thoughts keep slipping back and need to be consciously replaced. Philippians 4:8-9 gives a good way to evaluate such thoughts.

The other way to deal with this is likewise - have a good, safe and relaxing imaginary place you can send your mind when bothered by such thoughts. Mine is a particular glade behind Old Rag Mountain in Virginia. Been there multiple times alone and it is peaceful. For some it is the beach, not for me. You need to find yours.

Also consider today's Meditation.

jcren
03-13-2023, 11:18 AM
Prayers sent

buckwheatpaul
03-13-2023, 03:45 PM
It seems that if I'm not physically doing something but just trying to relax, I am being attacked by crappy thoughts wandering all over the place! It's getting harder to take my noon nap or even rest a bit without being aggravated by disturbing thoughts! So I come to you all for prayer.

Father, I come to You to pray for augercreek. Please give him comfort and healing from the aggravating and disturbing thoughts. Please send his mind down the path to well being and the comfort that the Bible brings to the believers. AMEN

pcolapaddler
03-13-2023, 09:10 PM
So sorry that you are dealing with this. I am familiar. I often lament that the things we would like to remember fall out of our thoughts and memories while the others cling like nettles.

Prayers for you in this regard.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

slim1836
03-13-2023, 09:37 PM
I often have the same issues, although not disturbing ones, just my mind racing 90 miles an hour. Like yours, it is hard to turn off. Meditation may help as well as the good book. If not, I suggest professional help, someone independent of what ails you. Good luck, and if you need to talk to someone, don't hesitate to ask. We are family here.

Slim

Pete44mag
03-13-2023, 11:08 PM
May you find joy, peace and tranquility in the Lord Jesus Christ. My prayers are sent to you.

trails4u
03-13-2023, 11:41 PM
auger... not to sound trite but even our Great Creator took a day off..... It's OK to rest. It's OK to prop your feet up and take the time to heal your body after hard work. It's OK to do NOTHING just because you're having that day when you don't feel like doing it. I've struggled with this myself.....too many projects, too much to do, too much that won't get done if I take a break. It's exhausting....physically, mentally and emotionally. I pray for you to Our Father that you find the peace to relax and enjoy rest as He intends for us to rest and heal our bodies and minds, so that we may better serve Him.

LAH
03-14-2023, 05:57 AM
I agree with buckwheatpaul in prayer for you.

augercreek
03-14-2023, 06:03 AM
Yesterday my noon nap was the best I've had in a long time, thanks to all you prayer warriors! As all you know, we being men always think we can handle it! But this is proof once again we cannot be an island unto our selves! We need others to come to our aid and be a comrade and willing to just listen if nothing else. Thanks!

LAH
03-17-2023, 01:27 PM
Happy for the good news.