PDA

View Full Version : WTB Stevens Crackshot part.

Iowa Fox
03-12-2023, 07:15 PM
Well guys I'm looking for the impossible again. I've got a early style crackshot 26 that I need a breech block plunger and spring for. I've checked every one on the net selling parts for them with no luck. Anyone here have any old Stevens parts they might have acquired along the way??

Scrounge
03-12-2023, 07:57 PM
Well guys I'm looking for the impossible again. I've got a early style crackshot 26 that I need a breech block plunger and spring for. I've checked every one on the net selling parts for them with no luck. Anyone here have any old Stevens parts they might have acquired along the way??

They shouldn't be too hard to make. Even with a file if you get desperate. Well, not the spring. ;) Do you have the original parts, or are they missing? I have a Crackshot #26 here in pieces, but I'd need to know which parts you need, and have no idea if mine is an early or late model. Photos with a ruler in the photo would be helpful. I can measure what I have, once I know for sure what you need. Mine are not for sale, but but dimensions could be useful. And spring wire is easy to get, and springs are not supposed to be difficult to make, either. I have books! :) They did not make these things on CNC machines.

Bill

Iowa Fox
03-12-2023, 09:10 PM
Bill, thank you for the reply. Sending you a PM.

50target
03-13-2023, 09:52 AM
Iowa Fox, if I am covering ground already plowed I apologize. Not familiar with your gun or model but bought all the parts I needed to complete a Stevens 141/2 from Jack First Gun Parts and I just checked their site and they show your parts needed however not sure if they fit an early model. Just a helpful FYI.
Bob

Iowa Fox
03-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Bob, Thanks for the help. Jack First was the first place that I checked. They do have a plunger and spring but they are for the latter model of the crackshots.

Jon