PDA

View Full Version : Saeco match press

myg30
03-10-2023, 03:12 PM
I just realized this press takes special shell holders. Is there anyone here that has shell holders and or any info about them ?
If this is in the wrong section please advise. Thank you

Mike

Nueces
03-10-2023, 04:31 PM
Here is an older thread with some relevant info:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?284894-Help-with-vintage-Saeco-single-stage-press

myg30
03-10-2023, 05:02 PM
Thank you sir. Would you know if there is any interest in a saeco press because I’m not sure if I want to purchase all new type shell holders.
This one is very clean and smooth running for its age. ( I wish I was )

Mike

Nueces
03-10-2023, 08:23 PM
I have no experience with the old SAECO shorty dies, have always used regular dies. So, I find the SAECO to be of historical interest, but not of practical interest. They are not much discussed here, so my guess is that is a widely shared opinion. Could be of interest to a collector, of course. I think the special shellholder issue to be a deal killer for a modern user.

Allan
03-11-2023, 12:03 AM
I would be interested in the SAECO press.

myg30
03-11-2023, 09:17 AM
Pm sent

1hole
03-14-2023, 05:00 PM
I've long been amused by people who willingly buy costly conventional dies because they're marketed as "target", or "competition" or "bench rest". Yes, anyone who goes to a competition and shoots conventional reloads is, by that fact, using "competition" dies because they're using them in a competition - but they don't win! Few precision competitors use threaded dies; most serious shooters use unthreaded seating dies under an arbor press for best accuracy.