PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT offer from Motor City Gun Shop!!!

Hillbilly_slim
03-10-2023, 02:26 PM
Just a heads up, do NOT order from an online store named Motor City Gun Shop. It's a scam. I just lost $200 thinking I found some magnum rifle primers. Was supposed to ship out within 24-48 hours. That was Monday, now is Friday and I've heard nothing. The replied and kept in touch for payment but for fulfilling my order all I get is crickets. Another site in question is Reloads World. I'm waiting on a response from them to verify they're not a bot or scam, but nothing yet.

Wheelguns 1961
03-10-2023, 02:31 PM
http://https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/A good easy way to check on a company before ordering is to enter the website into this scam detector. I have found it to be reliable.

M-Tecs
03-10-2023, 02:53 PM
If they take actual credit cards them may be legit but have poor business practices. If they only take non-refundable payment methods it's 100% a scam.

crandall crank
03-10-2023, 03:15 PM
I saw their ad yesterday and was suspicious. They preferred Zelle and other electronic payment methods. I didn't see that you could pay with a credit card. That was suspicious enough for me.

M-Tecs
03-10-2023, 03:26 PM
I saw their ad yesterday and was suspicious. They preferred Zelle and other electronic payment methods. I didn't see that you could pay with a credit card. That was suspicious enough for me.

I could be wrong, but I have yet to hear of a site that only takes non-refundable payment methods that is legit. I will never know since I will never spend a dime on non-refundable payment method sites. I do use friends and family payment here for known members but that is somewhat different.

Shanghai Jack
03-10-2023, 07:18 PM
Its getting tricky - Yesterday I thought i was shopping at one of my stand-byes. Then I looked and it was
Powdersvalley as opposed to
Powdervalley

Almost got me.

Shawlerbrook
03-10-2023, 07:33 PM
Jack, read about that scam elsewhere. Search for anything and over half the sites that show up are scams.

Rockindaddy
03-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Pay with a US Postal Money Order. A guy scammed me out of $250 several years ago along with a !/2 dozen other buyers on the same RC model airplane. After 2 months and no reply, I filed a complaint with the US Postal authorities. Cost $40 to file. Two weeks later the scammer called and asked if I would call off the dogs. He had a pile of phony excuses but begged me to stop the complaint. Apparently the US postal authorities were going to arrest him and his wife for Mail Fraud. He agreed to return my money plus $50 for the complaint charges. One week later I received a US Postal Money Order for $300 !!!! The scammer called and pleaded with me to call the postal authorities. I waited a couple of weeks and called and nullified the complaint. He was scared!!

M-Tecs
03-10-2023, 08:19 PM
Pay with a US Postal Money Order. A guy scammed me out of $250 several years ago along with a !/2 dozen other buyers on the same RC model airplane. After 2 months and no reply, I filed a complaint with the US Postal authorities. Cost $40 to file. Two weeks later the scammer called and asked if I would call off the dogs. He had a pile of phony excuses but begged me to stop the complaint. Apparently the US postal authorities were going to arrest him and his wife for Mail Fraud. He agreed to return my money plus $50 for the complaint charges. One week later I received a US Postal Money Order for $300 !!!! The scammer called and pleaded with me to call the postal authorities. I waited a couple of weeks and called and nullified the complaint. He was scared!!

Wow you were treated way different then I was. It took me 11 months for them to pay me back minus the filing fee. I had to have the office of a Federal Congressmen contact them even to get that. They did nothing to the deadbeat.

I sold an item for about $1,500. The buyer sent USPS MO payment overnight mail. Tracking number linked to the purchaser showing the label was damage and not deliverable. The USPS had enough info to notify the buyer yet they made no attempt to contact the buyer to provide the address nor did they bother to look for it when the buyer contacted the dead mail center. I lost the sale and the buyer didn't get payment for 6 months when it was the USPS that had the mail and tracking info.

I have one more story of dealing with the horrors of the USPS. Too long and detailed for me to post but the USPS is not one of my favorites.