PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have and use a roll sizer?

SNDBGGR1484
03-09-2023, 11:30 PM
I have been thinking about buying a roll sizer but wanted to hear from someone who has one first. I was thinking about using it for 9mm. Anyone have one? TIA

JimB..
03-10-2023, 07:52 AM
I have a casepro, run it manually with a dillon case feeder and it works great.

I will get a stoppage if a case is only half deprimed as the protruding primer prevents feeding, but that’s easily cleared.

Also identify the occasional piece of .380 because there is no resistance, so I pluck out the last one or two of those before they get to the press.

I no longer check loaded ammo in a case gauge or chamber, it all works.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

jmorris
03-10-2023, 09:36 AM
I have two case pro machines, one manual and one that runs itself.

They are not absolutely necessary but do fix rounds that would otherwise fail a case gauge or possibly get hung up going into the Breech face.

Normal reloading processes simply can’t size/repair any defect below the point a regular die can touch, this doesn’t include the base/extractor groove. The roll sizer corrects these areas.

rancher1913
03-10-2023, 11:28 AM
i was having problems with the "glock bulge" and 5.56 bulge from range pick ups, the roll sizer eliminated that. if your not doing major amounts of brass its hard to justify the cost, mine is the commercial rollsizer from Australia and set up with a fast case feed, it can stay well ahead of my automated 1050. i may never see a return on the investment but just the elimination of the failure to chamber rounds is worth it to me.

WardT
03-10-2023, 02:31 PM
I also use an older Case Pro in 9,40 and 45acp.
Very happy with Dillon case feeder added.

M-Tecs
03-10-2023, 02:47 PM
I am thinking of building one. What would be the best model to copy. I have a complete machine shop at my disposal so looking for the best design not the simplest.

JimB..
03-10-2023, 03:23 PM
I am thinking of building one. What would be the best model to copy. I have a complete machine shop at my disposal so looking for the best design not the simplest.

Like I said above, I have a CasePro. But if I was going to make a purchase, or copy, today and cost wasn’t my primary concern it’d be the commercial machine from rollsizer.com.

GunsandCoffee
06-24-2023, 02:19 PM
Any deals out there on a roll sizer?

JimB..
06-24-2023, 03:43 PM
I’m thinking about selling my casepro with 9mm, 40, and 45 dies and buying a rollsizer.com machine.