PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Manufacturing T-Grips: Still kicking?

VariableRecall
03-08-2023, 11:01 AM
I had previously purchased from Tyler T-Grips in mid-2020, and it had taken almost 9 months to send me my T-Grip.
Satisfied with my product, I went ahead and ordered another set, and now about 5 months in, I've yet to hear from them.
I had left a message about 1 month after I had ordered, but I have checked now, and their message box is full.

Checking their website, the last time they made a site update was August 2022, not long after I ordered mine.
If anyone lives around the Newalla, OK area, a direct visit to their facility would be greatly appreciated to see if they are still on their footprint.

Or, perhaps, if you had managed to receive your T-Grips recently, letting me know would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

dankathytc
03-08-2023, 12:05 PM
I attempted the same. Never received it. Later, I found one on EBay.

farmbif
03-08-2023, 12:18 PM
they dont seem like the kind of outfit I would want to send hard earned dollars to according to this

https://www.bbb.org/us/ok/newalla/profile/wholesale-auto-parts/tyler-manufacturing-distribution-co-0995-90018248/complaints

Shawlerbrook
03-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Sad to hear as they have been around forever and used to produce a great product.

VariableRecall
03-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Oh no! I think I’ll go ahead and file my own complaint as well! At least I had saved the receipt for my USPS money order so that I can at least provide a date and time for posterity.

I sincerely hope they are still in business, despite their comatose state. Seems like plenty of people still want their business, but they don’t seem to be up for the challenge.

Outpost75
03-08-2023, 11:51 PM
Recently I've bought several grip adapters from BKGrips to fit pre-WW2 Colt Official Police and New Service revolvers and have been well pleased with their prompt delivery and affordable cost.

Wheelgun
03-09-2023, 12:54 AM
+1 for the BK grips.
I’ve got 4 of them, 3 full size Smith and 1 J-Frame. They arrived quick and fit excellent.

Freischütz
03-09-2023, 02:32 PM
I too can recommend the BK adapter. I found the double fasteners hold much better than the Tyler.

People over on the Smith-Wesson forum found that you will eventually get the Tylers that you ordered. Just don't expect stuff like communication.

VariableRecall
03-10-2023, 01:08 PM
I too can recommend the BK adapter. I found the double fasteners hold much better than the Tyler.

People over on the Smith-Wesson forum found that you will eventually get the Tylers that you ordered. Just don't expect stuff like communication.

Personally, I may just purchase the same amount of BK adapters as I ordered via mail just in case Tylers is dead in the ground. If the T-Grips just so happen to land at my doorstep, even better.