PDA

View Full Version : WTB - RCBS A2 primer part

signalcorpsoperator
03-06-2023, 05:46 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Finally managed to pick up a 1968-era RCBS A2 at a reasonable price, and I'm looking for a period-era piece to complete the "setup".

The press has a large primer stem installed, did they offer a separate small priming stem? Looks to be a small threaded thing that screws onto the primer flip-lever piece...I'd like to find a small primer one if at all possible. :)

Thanks for the help!
Tom

TGM
03-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Contact RCBS to see if they have something available Several years ago I needed the large primer holder and they sent me one.

TGM

signalcorpsoperator
03-06-2023, 07:38 PM
Called them earlier this morning, sad to say they don't have anything for that particular press...

Thanks!

maxreloader
03-06-2023, 08:52 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Finally managed to pick up a 1968-era RCBS A2 at a reasonable price, and I'm looking for a period-era piece to complete the "setup".

The press has a large primer stem installed, did they offer a separate small priming stem? Looks to be a small threaded thing that screws onto the primer flip-lever piece...I'd like to find a small primer one if at all possible. :)

Thanks for the help!
Tom

You snagged the one on fleabay eh? New in Box, nice score!

Minerat
03-06-2023, 09:35 PM
Have you tried one of these. They came on a RCIV, a RCII, an original hand priming tool and a ram priming unit I have. The threads seem to be universal.

https://www.rcbs.com/spare-parts-and-extras/decap-units-and-pins/replacement-parts/primer-plug-sleeve-and-spring/16-9552.html

LeonardC
03-06-2023, 09:52 PM
On my '70s RC the primer arm held the primer stems with a small set screw on the arm. One for large primers and one for small primers. Within the last couple of years I managed to get the arm caught in a piece of clothing and found out the arm was not designed to be jerked sideways; it broke. I got ahold of RCBS and had no luck. I picked up a "UNIVERSAL PRIMER ARM ASSY." 09550 It's roughly the same, but has threads on the primer stems to hold them in place instead of the set screw.

15meter
03-06-2023, 10:45 PM
Got a picture of your existing part?

I've got a box of primer arm parts.

May have one.

signalcorpsoperator
03-06-2023, 11:29 PM
Hey all,

Nope, didn't snag that new-in-box one...of course that one shows up a few weeks after I get mine.. :roll:

Hmm, that little part might be exactly what's needed, I'll have to look and see!

I'll have to try and get photos of the part here, just got the press reassembled after cleaning it up and bolting it to the bench.

Thanks for the replies gents.

Tom

signalcorpsoperator
03-09-2023, 10:05 PM
Hey all,

Took a peek, the one on my press is a small primer plug, I was mistaken, so it seems we're trying to track down a Large primer variant. :)

Also, it looks like the one in the A2 is physically larger compared to the one that RCBS currently offers, don't know if it would work due to the shorter threaded portion. .

15meter, sent you a PM.

Thanks gents,
Tom