PDA

View Full Version : A new twist on Bullet molds. Group buy link

makeurownfun
02-24-2023, 12:48 PM
NOE is running a set of group buys that are unlike anything you’ve probably seen before. These are nose pour molds, but they also come with different length pins that yield a different weight projectile. Essentially turning that 1 bullet mold into 4 different bullet profiles. Yes the nose will be the same, but you can essentially buy 4 molds for the price of 1 with any of these molds.

If you have bought anything from NOE, you know the quality you will receive. Let’s fill these group buys up so this style will become a usual stock option!

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/forums/forum/root/group-buys/current-active-group-buys/

Barnowl
02-24-2023, 11:39 PM
All the molds in this GB are of powder coated design.

megasupermagnum
02-25-2023, 12:42 AM
No lube grooves, no good for paper patch, same plain jane design in all calibers. Not even a front driving band. Pass.

P.S. I have a mold similar to that, but it adjusts with threads, not swapping pins. Nothing new. They are really only useful as core molds for swaging.

makeurownfun
02-25-2023, 08:35 AM
Yes they are for Powdercoat and Hi Tek coating only. I know its probably been done in some way or form before, but I havent seen a new mold in a while offer anything like this before.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "They are really only useful as core molds for swaging." I use that same 147gr in my 9mm handguns and my PCC. I shoot that same 459 nose in 600 and 500 in my 458 SOCOM with great results. Definitely not just for swaging

rancher1913
02-25-2023, 09:36 AM
you can lead a horse to water

i signed up, i love pc'ed boolits

tja6435
02-25-2023, 03:30 PM
I’d be interested if lube grooves were available, I understand why they aren’t. If I have to size anyway, I’ll just lube at the same time.

I used to really get into the Hi-Tek coating when we lived in Denver and had utility power, but now off grid and just don’t have the outdoor space to cook the boolits currently.

I still may get the 38cal mold if I can talk myself into it.

megasupermagnum
02-25-2023, 08:58 PM
What I meant was the molds I have are only really good for swaging. Those listed molds will shoot ok if coated. I wouldn't even buy them if all I did was coat them though. It already has a crimp groove. Add at least one lube groove and those molds would be improved 100x for both coaters and lubers.