PDA

View Full Version : Update on "Bator 223 cast bullets ( cont.)"

Dancing Bear
02-22-2023, 11:19 AM
So based on much info members here and on Arfcom offered I loaded up pc'ed, gc'ed Bators with 18.0 gr, 18.5 gr, and 19.0 grs of H335 and got to try them out last week. Joy! All loads were decent on groupings and all cycled the AR. The 18.0 gr shot 1" high at 50 yds, the 18.5 2" high and the 19.0 was 3" high ( which is where my "J" bullet loads shoot).
By decent I mean getting 3-4" groups. No crony so no idea of velocity for now. Once I do measure velocity I can tweak the loads some for my plinking needs.
Thanks guys.

Wolfdog91
02-23-2023, 09:09 PM
Keep at it ! Making cast function in an AR isn't the worst thing in the world.

https://youtu.be/bDV6dfY1aZs

dverna
02-23-2023, 10:13 PM
I deleted my post. My standards and expectations are vastly different. If this works for you, that is what matters.

BTW, appreciate the honesty. I shoot jacketed rifle bullets for good reasons.

Hamish
02-23-2023, 10:28 PM
Bear,
That’s a great start! Stay with it,,,,,

elmacgyver0
02-23-2023, 10:52 PM
I deleted my post. My standards and expectations are vastly different. If this works for you, that is what matters.

BTW, appreciate the honesty. I shoot jacketed rifle bullets for good reasons.

You know, it is all about having fun, testing things out and making improvements along the way.
I will most likely never try to cast 22 cal. bullets, but I enjoy watching someone who does.
I am blown away by the videos Mr. Wolfdog makes, at one point i thought I was a computer nerd but that was in the old Commadore 64 days.
I am at the point where I can hit the side of a barn as long as I am standing inside of it, but I still enjoy shooting.