PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, February 22

Pine Baron
02-22-2023, 07:26 AM
Good morning all. In conjunction with today's message, I've added a link at the end referencing the on-going revival at Asbury University. it's happening. Praise God. Have a safe and blessed day.

It’s Time to Change Course
by Greg Laurie on Feb 22, 2023

Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?
—Psalm 85:6

The United States of America is at a crossroads. Our nation is unraveling before our very eyes because we have rejected what God says in His Word. The closest parallel to today that I can think of would be the 1960s and early 1970s.

I was born in 1952. Elvis was still singing, Marilyn Monroe was on the screen, and Ike was president. Of course, decades have come and gone since then, but when I look at the young generation of today, it reminds me a lot of what was happening during my youth.

We have a drug epidemic sweeping our nation. We have 300 fentanyl deaths every day. This drug revolution started in the 1960s, propagated by the mentality of turn on, tune in, drop out. We basically smoked a lot of marijuana and took LSD.

Ironically, those are also the two most popular drugs right now. Marijuana use is up, so much so that more people smoke pot than cigarettes. And in the wake of many states legalizing it, experts have warned of a cannabis use disorder that causes psychosis and addiction.

Now add social media to all these things our young people are dealing with, and it’s like pouring gasoline on a fire. It amplifies everything. Self-harm among young people is up 334 percent. The suicide rate in the United States has increased 30 percent since 2000 and has tripled for young girls. This generation needs help.

As believers, we should commit to doing anything we can to change this course, call people to Christ, and pray for a mighty spiritual awakening to sweep our nation and beyond.

Now, we don’t decide when a revival happens. God does. We can’t organize it, but we can agonize for it in prayer. We can get our hearts ready. Revival starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with us as the church. And it begins right where we are.

Link to article: https://www.christianpost.com/news/asbury-university-revival-moving-to-new-sites-as-movement-expands.html

GhostHawk
02-22-2023, 07:34 AM
No question that Repentance and Revival is what is needed in this country today.

Keep it coming Brother!

square butte
02-22-2023, 08:16 AM
Amen & Let it be so - God Bless

USMC87
02-22-2023, 09:37 AM
Amen, I always pray for repentance and revival in our Country.

dverna
02-22-2023, 10:04 AM
Bringing people to Christ is important as it is the only way people can be saved.

The country cannot be saved long term. No country is saved in the Bible. We will have "good' times and "bad" times as a country develops, but evil always wins. What we are witnessing is the natural progression of every world power since the beginning of time. We can rejoice the flickers of light as some people repent and accept Christ but there are far more people moving us down the path of destruction.

The Lord does not save nations for eternity, but He saves us for eternity. God wants a relationship with us and all we need to do is open our minds and hearts to His calling.

I no longer fret too much about the craziness I see. It is God's will. The corruption of values will bring decent people to God...I think that is why He allows evil to happen. But more people will accept evil as "progress"...be it drugs, abortion "rights", transgender acceptance, and the mutilation of children etc etc. People are basically evil.