PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures

porthos
02-21-2023, 01:38 PM
took some pictures of a shotgun that i rust blued and want to post them in the gunsmithing section. i'm still learning about posting pictures. need help navagiting the process on this site??

LAGS
02-21-2023, 01:42 PM
I too need help posting pictures.
It isn't the site.
It is more because of me and my inability to understand computers and things like that.

dverna
02-21-2023, 02:13 PM
I had a heck of time. My issue was the file was too large. Cropping solved it for all the pictures except two. So I moved the camera farther away so I had more space to crop.

It kinds of sucks as the resolution is compromised. BTW this issue is only on this site for me. On the shotgun and SASS sites I use, I do not have to go through any gyrations and picture quality is much better.

There is likely a better and/or faster way so maybe others might any better solutions.

metricmonkeywrench
02-21-2023, 02:24 PM
To be able to upload here picture file size has been a recent issue for me. My old phone let me set a good low resolution for e-mailing/posting. My new phone is complicated as heck and wants to take 4k resolution pix and I cant seem to get it down to where i need it to be able to post directly. Also the format seems to make a difference and jpeg works the best for me. I don't post to 3rd party sites so I cant help there at all.

For posting here I have to pull the picture up on a computer, take a screenshot then pate it into PowerPoint crop it to final size and then re-save the pasted picture (right click on the pix-save as-jpeg format) picture from there to be able to post reliably. The screenshot "flattens" out the resolution and vastly reduces the size. I have yet to catch what the file size limit is.

Hope this helps

super6
02-21-2023, 02:30 PM
It seems some still have this problem, I run XP And have to load the picks to my pictures to MY Pictures, And have to resize, What a pain it is. My picture program hates me. Gotta get em the right. 700x 700 is just about impossible.

Rapier
02-21-2023, 04:44 PM
Yep the system will resize about a 2 meg picture down to under 100 k. I had a several shots group, one was a 2.7 meg and got rejected, tried to crop it down, and my camera keeps reading the original size. I am using an iPad, so.

Evoken
02-21-2023, 09:12 PM
How I do it is take pic with phone. Then email with phone to myself. When sending to myself it allows me to shrink the file size to small, medium, or large. Medium size seems to work most of the time.

Then save as a download. This smaller size is able to be uploaded here. Roundabout way, but works.

Minerat
02-21-2023, 10:19 PM
Size, size, size is the main reason you can't get pictures to load. Keep them under 350k or about 800x800 and you will be good to go. Here a link that may help.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?386550-help-uploading-photos

Red River Rick
02-22-2023, 12:34 AM
200 KB is the maximum size your picture can be. You will need some software to reduce the picture size.

Land Owner
02-22-2023, 02:47 AM
These methods will insert the image where you write the code.

DIRECT LINK
Every photo [jpg, gif, png, tif, etc.] on the Net has a link (URL). Copy that link and insert it into a post between "["img"]" and "["/img"]" tags (remove the quotation marks).

IMAGE HOSTING
....a.) Upload your image to Photobucket, Postimages, or other FREE image hosting site.
…..b.) Copy the hosted image URL between BCC "["img"]" and "["/img"]" code (remove the quotation marks)

Example:

"["img"]"https://i.postimg.cc/B6jy432W/plunger-shotgun.png"["/img"]"

Result (quotation marks removed):

https://i.postimg.cc/B6jy432W/plunger-shotgun.png

Some images will still be too large for CB. The only way to post those here is to reduce their size (many free resizing apps and programs) before it will display at CB.

Texas by God
02-22-2023, 09:55 AM
I use Tapatalk and it usually works. But I’m too computer illiterate to explain how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWolf
02-22-2023, 10:28 AM
How I do it is take pic with phone. Then email with phone to myself. When sending to myself it allows me to shrink the file size to small, medium, or large. Medium size seems to work most of the time.

Then save as a download. This smaller size is able to be uploaded here. Roundabout way, but works.

This is also how I do it. I select smaller/smallest from the size option.

Cosmic_Charlie
02-22-2023, 02:59 PM
There is a way to resize photos in the photo editor on your phone. you can also set the resolution on your phone camera to less bits.