PDA

View Full Version : I'm in trouble .

Harter66
02-20-2023, 02:15 PM
I woke up this morning in a dry bed .
I have a pulse , weird but I have it .
I'm breathing on my own , probably 4,000 lethal spores , fumes , and chemicals but I'm getting by .
No eggs for breakfast, but I can't eat them since that flu bug 12/19 , but I have a full belly .
The kids are fed , dressed , and rested , they're not mine and at 57 I got no business having 1,3,4, & 14 yr olds .

Life is good , I could want for more but I don't really guess I need it .

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-20-2023, 02:16 PM
Yep, sounds like you're in trouble to me :razz:

Hannibal
02-20-2023, 02:28 PM
I had to read your post twice to make sense of it but I think I've got it now.

No one can buy their way to happiness, but there are sure a whole bunch of folks who are trying.

Sounds like you've got that figured out. I'm happy for you.

quilbilly
02-20-2023, 02:38 PM
It is great to know you are doing well. If you wake up in the morning, it is a good day. If you get vertical and can do something interesting, it is a great day. n We miss you at NCBS.

Alex_4x4
02-20-2023, 08:48 PM
If you are in your fifties and wake up in the morning to find that nothing hurts you, then you may have already died.

slim1836
02-20-2023, 09:32 PM
Stayed at your girlfriend's house again? :D

Slim

Winger Ed.
02-20-2023, 10:16 PM
I woke up this morning in a dry bed .

That's always a good sign.

If you don't, change clothes real quick, and just blame the dog.

MrWolf
02-21-2023, 10:12 AM
Wake up every day in some form of pain. Reminds you that you are still kicking. Raising a kid that is not yours and hates you to boot is not easy. Sounds like you are doing good. Hang in there.
Ron

Harter66
02-21-2023, 11:50 AM
I just wanted to break up some of the negative stuff .

Quillbilly I sure miss the desert and that shoot . I have sort of a boys club I shoot with a couple of times a year with here but it's not the same for sure .

I grew up with the "if I'd known I was going to live this I'd a taken better care of myself" , I'm more now , if I'd known I was going to be this tore up anyway I'd of had more fun .

Hannibal
02-21-2023, 12:00 PM

Quillbilly I sure miss the desert and that shoot . I have sort of a boys club I shoot with a couple of times a year with here but it's not the same for sure .

I grew up with the "if I'd known I was going to live this I'd a taken better care of myself" , I'm more now , if I'd known I was going to be this tore up anyway I'd of had more fun .

It is the things we never saw coming that give us all the trouble. While the stuff we fret and worry endlessly over turns out to be much ado about nothing.

quilbilly
02-21-2023, 06:47 PM

I missed last year due to knee replacement surgery the same week. I know how you feel.

Txcowboy52
02-21-2023, 07:00 PM
You’re a better man than me if you’re raising 4 youngsters at your age . I’m a little older than you and the thought of raising kids doesn’t appeal to me much at this age! Don’t get me wrong I understand completely you do what you have to do and If I had to I would step up and do it again but just the thought of it makes me hurt all over !

Harter66
02-21-2023, 08:22 PM
I got close to having an empty house once .... 16 yrs ago . Had kids 17 and less since 6/85 . Just a different kids now .