PDA

View Full Version : Index listing of on line sales scammers

fastdadio
02-17-2023, 09:11 PM
I found this site that is compiling a list of on line sales scammers.
https://stopgunscams.com
There sure is a lot of them. Might be a good idea to book mark this for future reference.

Green Frog
02-19-2023, 09:25 AM
The problem is, as soon as a scammer gets exposed by name, he just picks another name and keeps on scamming. It’s good to keep a watch on offers that are too good to be true... usually they are!

Froggie

Charliemac
02-19-2023, 11:52 AM
If you stick with known suppliers, you'll be okay. Don't get so antsy that you need some component that you shop out on the web for some new company.

405grain
02-19-2023, 12:33 PM
I almost always purchase from known reliable suppliers. When I do see something that looks like a good deal from someone that I've never bought from before, the first thing I do is click on the "contact us" button, then copy the address. Then I go on Google Earth and paste in that address. If the street view is a big ol store or gun shop with all the proper credentials they posted in their ad, then I'll think about placing an order. If the street view is a vacant lot in some industrial wasteland or some guys house in a tiny berg out in smalltown America, no thanks. Then, after that, if they won't accept major credit cards, and want payment through anything that links straight to your bank account, they can take a hike. The biggest red flag to look out for is when someone has things like primers or powder in stock at 2019 prices, with no limits on the amount. When you see that you already know that its either some fat loner wearing a dirty T-shirt, sitting in front of a computer in the basement of his mom's housetrailer, or a sweatshop in China.

wallacem
03-15-2023, 09:23 PM
405grain, you gave good advise. Those are the hot spots to look at. I add one more thing. They should have a phone number to call and talk to them. Just another indicator. Wallacem

Wolfdog91
03-18-2023, 09:54 AM
Their honestly not that hard to spot...

Shiloh
03-21-2023, 06:29 PM
Good info.

Shiloh