PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious S+S response

T-Bird
02-15-2023, 03:22 PM
I posted this AM that I wanted to buy Barnes WSM brass in the S+S section. I got what I consider to be a suspicious response indicating in broken English that " Jack as Barnes 300 WSM brass for sale in best price". This person's handle is yagaci92. Join date is today. They have no posts etc. They only sent me a pm no post on the thread 1st. I'm not used to being suspicious of members on this site, but I am of this one. They left a gmail for me to respond to. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

georgerkahn
02-15-2023, 03:33 PM
That person became a member TODAY surely would raise my suspicions! What I would do -- perhaps just me -- is Private Message back, asking a lot of questions: e.g., the brass's condition (how many times fired, or new?) and what is his location from which brass will be shipped, as well his terms and conditions (e.g., Hornsurgeon on this site doesn't take chickens as payment :)).
There is a chance (maybe 0.326% or so?) that this newbee may just be challenged, and you may get some needed brass.
BUT -- please -- provide ZERO/Nada/Nothing informative about YOU!!! ()Your address, real email, etc.()
Not like cream and sugar for your coffee -- this can wait a day or two... and -- if you (I doubt it, but...) get a satisfying response, great. If not, I'd definitely forward ALL to any site Moderator and/or #1.
geo

OS OK
02-15-2023, 03:46 PM
I would follow my gut feeling and act accordingly...

Hannibal
02-15-2023, 03:48 PM
I posted this AM that I wanted to buy Barnes WSM brass in the S+S section. I got what I consider to be a suspicious response indicating in broken English that " Jack as Barnes 300 WSM brass for sale in best price". This person's handle is yagaci92. Join date is today. They have no posts etc. They only sent me a pm no post on the thread 1st. I'm not used to being suspicious of members on this site, but I am of this one. They left a gmail for me to respond to. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

I'd ask to speak on the phone and for a physical address that you can validate on GOOGLE. Absent both of these I'd forget I ever got the message.

ShooterAZ
02-15-2023, 03:50 PM
It's a Scammer, please don't respond. If you guys see something suspicious like this, please report it. It's the little black triangle thingy at the bottom of the post or PM with a ! inside of it.