PDA

View Full Version : What happened to our favorite LASC page?

Rickf1985
02-08-2023, 10:28 AM
I have noticed that the LASC page with all of the best info ever put out on casting is gone. Simply a blank page. And has been for well over a week now. I went into the Wayback machine and downloaded the entire page so I have the info filed but I am curious what is happening there. I see the main site is still up so they are still going.

http://www.lasc.us/CastBulletNotes.htm

Soundguy
02-08-2023, 10:56 AM
looks like it's domain registration has expired.

Rickf1985
02-08-2023, 11:13 AM
A lot of good info lost for those that do not know how to dig it out. I used Wayback machine to go back and find it and then Fireshot program to screenshot and save the entire page and related pages.

Rickf1985
02-08-2023, 11:23 AM
I just found the other page that was opened prior to me opening this one on the same subject. Best to just go there for further discussion.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?452989-where-did-it-go

Soundguy
02-08-2023, 12:38 PM
That link goes right here.

Rickf1985
02-08-2023, 02:44 PM
That link goes right here.

CRAP! Ok, I was still able to edit it and I think I got it right this time.

winelover
02-09-2023, 08:15 AM
Just contacted CBrick. He's aware of the issue. He let the website payment lax. He's a bit under the weather but said he'd try to get it back up latter.

Winelover

Rickf1985
02-09-2023, 09:48 AM
The problem with letting a site go unpaid is if someone else wants that domain it is up for grabs at that point. A friend of mine makes a good living buying and selling domains like that. He has a list of domains people would like to have for one reason or another and he uses searchbots to watch for them and instantly let him know when the domain is available and he buys it up. Only has to be available for a minute or two. Most of the time the people have no interest in what was on the domain before. I am not a webmaster so I don't know how it all works but I am pretty sure that when the domain changes hands the old stuff is gone, dumped. Then you have to rely on things like Wayback. I use that and Fireshot to do full site screenshots and then download it to a file.

Bloodman14
02-10-2023, 06:28 PM
I have that page in my 'favorites' list. It came right up for me. I just copied/pasted it in a Word document to save it. A wealth of info, to be sure. It would be a crying shame to lose it.:cry:

charlie b
02-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Yep, they got it back up. Very glad to see it again.