PDA

View Full Version : NOE Mould Guide

kweidner
02-08-2023, 08:16 AM
Hey guys I just did an installation video of the NOE mould guide on my RCBS pro melt. Figured I would post it here for anyone who is interested. Sure makes things a ton easier than the bar it cam with. Particularly useful if you use big gang moulds or brass.

https://youtu.be/lTLG672Y7B0

Enjoy

kevin c
02-11-2023, 05:23 AM
Set up right, the raised rail definitely makes it much easier to consistently hit every cavity.

One issue I have is on filling the cavities from furthest away to closest (pushing the blocks away as they fill rather than pulling): spillage over the end of the block may freeze with a drip hanging off the end. That’ll abruptly jam the mold against the cut out in the guide. Definitely throws off my casting rhythm. I need to go for a smaller sprue puddle, or maybe tilt the mold up.

just10mm
03-12-2023, 06:11 PM
Thanks for posting, do these come back in stock regularly? They show oos right now.

kentfielddude
03-14-2023, 02:26 AM
I bought one a few weeks ago. I think they are still in stock.

just10mm
03-14-2023, 01:44 PM
I bought one a few weeks ago. I think they are still in stock.

They restocked yesterday, I grabbed one, thank you.

cwlongshot
03-14-2023, 01:50 PM
Good video!

I threw you a sub too!!

Dub_from_GA
05-29-2023, 09:29 PM
Great video.

I've been watching some of your videos on Hi-Tek coating......then join here today and see this thread. :goodpost:

I have one of those NOE guides on the way....the Lee adaptor rod was out of stock, though. Looks like a very handy part.
Maybe the guide can be used straddling the sections of an ingot mold for the short term....until the adaptor is available or until I possibly figure out another mounting solution.

Dub_from_GA
06-15-2023, 11:24 PM
Okay....the guide rod arrived a couple weeks ago.,..and the Lee adaptor came back "in stock" and just arrived in my hands.

My next days off work may very well find me casting.

Still waiting on my bullet sizers that are currently in limbo at my local post office.