PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel in house funny story

trooperdan
01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
This was originally posted on The High Road about 3 years ago,
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=10613

Bodydoc447
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Now that's FUNNY!!! Thanks for posting the link. I wonder if my Glock .40 w/Hydrashocks would do as well on a vicious attack rodent.

Doc

9.3X62AL
01-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Great story.

Now, one of my own--prompted by the supporting actors in the previous account, the fox terrier and the B---- Next Door. True story, too.

Early in my career, I worked as a patrol deputy in or near Desert Hot Springs, a small town north of Palm Springs that was notorious for its rather unique population elements. If you were too "way out there" for DHS, you lived in the desert area east of town, known as Indio Hills. A few of the folks out there were seriously and comprehensively unique, to say the least. If you've read Joseph Wambaugh's "The Secrets of Harry Bright", he wrote fairly accurately about the sorts of people found in this area.

I had just gotten into the area one summer afternoon at start of watch when a radio call of "cruelty to animals" was assigned to me. Info given was from a neighbor, advising that a resident was engaged in hitting his dog with a baseball bat. I was vaguely acquainted with the alleged assailant, kind of an older "desert rat" kind of guy who waved as we drove by, and used all of his fingers to do so.

I arrive at the guy's house, and all is quiet--a barbecue pit is going on one side of the house, and the guy comes out of his front door and greets me politely. I explain the reason for my visit, and he says "Yeah, I had to kill that old dog--he was getting all stoved up and in a lot of pain" or something similar to that. I asked about the baseball bat methodology, and he stated he didn't have a gun to dispatch the animal with, so had to use the ball bat.

Well, all right. Low style points for this skater.

At this point I notice that the barbecue pit had a rotisserie turning over it, and a four-legged animal was sizzling thereon. Just as it dawns on me what was occurring here--the guy says, "Yep, that's him! Didn't want to waste the meat!"

trooperdan
01-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Thats just so... wrong! :) Did that qualify as "curelty to animals"? :)

David R
01-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks trooperdan, true humer

David

powderburnerr
01-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Deputy Al

You were in the presence of a true conservitive. Had he a six pack to go with it he would of had a seven course meal............ Dean

9.3X62AL
01-20-2006, 03:20 PM
True conservative........OK.

Seeing what the main course was, I didn't want to tarry any longer and run the risk of a dinner invitation. I can only guess at the items on the dessert tray.

C1PNR
01-20-2006, 10:19 PM
One of my California hunting buddies lives on 13 or so acres near the coast in the South Santa Cruz - North Monterey County area, right across the road from Elkhorn Slough.

He raises various animals, some as pets, dogs, cats, goats, and some for food, rabbits, pigs, cattle, chickens. His idea of a "good" dog is a LARGE Rottweiler.

About once a month someone would drive up into his drive and the Mexican driver or passenger would ask if his DOG was for sale for their BBQ!?

One time, after receiveing a loud NO as to the dog, he was asked then if one of the goats might be for sale. He did sell one of the goats.

Johnch
01-21-2006, 12:46 AM
I have not laughed so hard in a long time . [smilie=l:

I wonder if 40 cal Golden Saber rounds would be ok on tree rats also ?

Johnch

versifier
01-21-2006, 03:28 PM
A little uncooked rice in the shotgun shells to replace the lead shot does a great job indoors.

Scrounger
01-21-2006, 05:09 PM
A little uncooked rice in the shotgun shells to replace the lead shot does a great job indoors.

I think Rock salt was what I heard for that useage. Rock salt is pretty scarce with certain un-named members setting up salt licks for sheep all over Texas...

floodgate
01-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Poet:

"A little uncooked rice in the shotgun shells to replace the lead shot does a great job "

Reminds me: I was working with one of the flake powders (Unique "semi-smokeless", I think) in my old Herter's powder measure many years ago, and when I changed to another pwder, I had a hard time shaking all the old flakes out of the rough-cast measure body. I found that running a handful of polished white rice through the measure cleaned it up just fine. FWIW.

floodgate