PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Sharps

ddeaton
02-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I dont know what model, just drooled at it over the counter tonight. It was new and looked a little aged, caliber 45/70 long barrel, not carbine. Price was $990. Anyone know what model this is and are they any count?

milltownhunter
02-05-2009, 07:50 PM
just pick up a uberti 1874 quigley sharps in 45/120 what i have read they are sopost to be very good rifles. i have had pedersol sharps in 45/70 look to be as good. have not been able to shoot my 45/120. got reloading dies today. got her for $1330 new seen one on gun broker sell used for over $1800

booboo1000
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
You should have taken the time to go to Big Timber and look at the Sharps. There are two gun companies making real Sharps, and their products are awsom, and seem to me to be in the range of what you paid.

13Echo
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
The Uberti Sharps is made by Pedersoli and is a well made rifle. And, no, there are no Big Timber Sharps in that price range. As much as I love and admire the Shilohs and C Sharps rifles a well made spaghetti Sharps for $990 is a good deal and will get him shooting and hooked. A Shiloh is very likely to follow.

Jerry Liles

ddeaton
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Are you guys trying to talk me into one?

montana_charlie
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
You should have taken the time to go to Big Timber and look at the Sharps. There are two gun companies making real Sharps,
How do you define 'real', booboo?

All Sharps rifles made today are 'replicas' of the originals.
Just like the huge numbers of Colt look-a-like cap and ball revolvers, some are very close copies, and others are only visually the same.

But, as an example of the 'degree of realness' that you think Pedersoli rifles are lacking in...
I followed a thread on another forum where a guy asked if an original mainspring could be made to fit his Pedersoli Sharps.
He was told several things, but all agreed that his Italian gun was too different from the original guns to have a chance of using an original Sharps mainspring.

Time passed, and he eventually replied to his own thread.
Turned out the original mainspring fit his lock with no modification being necessary.
The only difference was it was 'stronger' than his factory spring.

I'd say that is fairly close to 'real', Bub, and it's obvious you haven't checked prices in Big Timber for 'several' years...

CM