PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Sizer

BABore
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I bought a used Saeco sizer a while back and just started using it some. I'm using a lube that requires heat so I'm using an iron for the heat source. When I apply enough pressure to get the lube to flow evenly I get leakage at both ends of the die where it goes through the sizer casting. I held the top of the die with vise grips and tightened the knurled bottom nut as tight as I dare. The leakage is not huge, but a PITA.

Is this normal? Am I missing some gaskets or something? Assuming that there are no gaskets, do you think a o-ring or neoprene gasket at each end would work?

The Nyack Kid
01-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I get leakage too
i found that if i keep the heat up ( i have a base heater) and the pressure turned down low , then i dont have that leakage problem .

Possum
01-20-2006, 07:25 AM
I get it too. Just a little.

felix
01-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Me too, I get leakage. But that is OK, because it tells me the lube is flowing well and has a greater chance of making it around the die equally. This equal pressure dealie is important to me because I get tired of having to do multiple strokes per boolit. Another reason for keeping the lube on the soft side. ... felix

walltube
01-20-2006, 10:29 PM
BaBore,

Because you have you have a previously owned machine (like a used car) unsuspected things may now be showing. Examine the sizer die flange\lockring mating surfaces of the press for rough, uneven wear or abuse. A bit judicious filing or wet\dry sanding could do the trick. If that does not address the leakage try "O" rings top and bottom of the die.

If all is well mechanically, heed the softer lube, more heat advice.

HTH

Truly Yours,...........walltube

lovedogs
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Ditto on all the above, soft and slow is the way to go... in lubing bullets.