PDA

View Full Version : Browning Buckmark Silhouette

madcaster
02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
just traded for one.
Pretty awesome,though pretty heavy as well.Leupold M8-2X on it,duplex crosshairs.
I wonder,if any of you have the same model and what ammo your Buckmark shoots the best?
Thanks,
Jeff

fourarmed
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
They shoot most stuff well. A great barrel on a cheap frame. The brown-box Eley Standard used to be the ammo of choice by most silhouette shooters. My wife shoots Wolf Target in hers on the rare occasions when she feels like getting into the creedmoor position.

madcaster
02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you Sir,I have no intention of shooting competition,just figure it would be good for hunting and such.

hyoder
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Mine does well with Winchester Power Points

NoDakJak
02-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I own the standard Buckmark with 6 inch, slabsided barrel. It shoots almost as well as my Model 46 S&W and is nowhere as persnickety about ammo and feeding. It also outshot my Ruger Target and has now replaced both of them as my small game hunting pistol. Your version should be even more satisfactory. Neil

fourarmed
02-06-2009, 01:58 PM
If you will be shooting it a lot, I would recommend purchasing a spare recoil spring assembly. The plastic buffer that is part of it seems to be a weak point. You can get the buffer separately, but the whole assembly costs little more, and you don't have to curse the tiny snap ring that holds it all together.