PDA

View Full Version : Newer Lee Deluxe APP Press

deces
01-28-2023, 08:38 PM
With 2023 here and cruising along, Lee is introducing a few new items to their catalog to make our hobby more of a joy and lighter on our wallet than others.

Last night I was looking on their website and noticed that Lee has revised the design of the Lee APP Press, this version has the roller grip as a standard feature and a new and maybe improved primer feeder mechanism.

https://leeprecision.com/images/P/91898.jpg

deces
01-29-2023, 06:36 PM

Sam Sackett
01-29-2023, 08:07 PM
Seems that Lee is heavy into product improvement now. I have been looking at the APP, but some have had issues. I think I’ll wait a bit longer.

Sam Sackett

Ithaca Gunner
02-01-2023, 02:30 PM
I'm wondering if they've done anything to improve the shell holders a little. So far all I've tried with mine, (an early production) has been 9mm and I get torn rims 1-2 out of 5 with LEE 9mm carbide dies, cases lubed or not, machine centered or hand centered. It's adjusted and feeds fine until that tell tale, ''ka-chunk!'' of a rim being ripped off coming out of the die.

So far it's been a waste of money, seems they took too much off the shell holder when they opened it up to feed straight through.

deces
02-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Are you sizing? The package blister for the 9mm says not to size 9mm with xpress shell holders.

megasupermagnum
02-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Are you sizing? The package blister for the 9mm says not to size 9mm with xpress shell holders.

There were at least two variations of Xpress shell holders. The early ones, being at least the first few months when the APP came out were junk. They were not cut right, and they didn't have a releif to allow the odd primer through. They were later redesigned. The new shell holders are a millon times better. Just the other day I did 500 5.56 cases, full sized in a Lee die, and did not have a single problem in the newer Xpress shell holder. I've done thousands of all my handgun cases without a single problem.

P.S. I hate the roller grip. The original APP press handle is great. The only thing better would be a wood ball grip.

GWS
02-02-2023, 02:58 AM
There were at least two variations of Xpress shell holders. The early ones, being at least the first few months when the APP came out were junk. They were not cut right, and they didn't have a releif to allow the odd primer through. They were later redesigned. The new shell holders are a millon times better. Just the other day I did 500 5.56 cases, full sized in a Lee die, and did not have a single problem in the newer Xpress shell holder. I've done thousands of all my handgun cases without a single problem.

P.S. I hate the roller grip. The original APP press handle is great. The only thing better would be a wood ball grip.

Well, I'll be.....I'm not the only one. I agree on the handle. The roller grip is a limitation in my opinion. You have one angle to use the press.....and that's not always convenient. Much prefer balls....the little plastic one that comes on the APP is almost as good.

I have bigger heavier presses for sizing. I love the APP for brass and bullet processing like it was first designed for.....but I also converted my heavier duty RCBS Summit press for processing bigger rifle brass using Lee's pass through shell holders and love that too.

Txcowboy52
02-02-2023, 03:59 AM
I really enjoy my Lee APP press . It does everything I bought it for better than I expected. Granted I strictly use mine for bullet sizing. I use NOE sizers with the press, I hate sizing bullets, but with this press it’s a pleasure.

deces
02-02-2023, 01:15 PM
I can see the plastic part where the shell sits being a problem over time. I know the old ACP priming system was pretty weak, it had this anemic spring that was meant to keep the primers from double feeding and it would get ripped off from the depriming fingers above. I think they solved this finally.

megasupermagnum
02-03-2023, 10:17 PM
I can see the plastic part where the shell sits being a problem over time. I know the old ACP priming system was pretty weak, it had this anemic spring that was meant to keep the primers from double feeding and it would get ripped off from the depriming fingers above. I think they solved this finally.

Maybe it will, but based on what I see it's going to be tens of thousands of cycles. In my last order to Lee I also bought all the plastic parts for any lee presses I had. Every single plastic part was free. Realistically I'm going to loose that spare before I ever wear out the first one. I still think the main thing that will wear out on the APP is going to be the upper tool head that slides on the tie bars. For how inexpensive these are, I'm not concerned. The APP has been one of the few presses I had high hopes for, and it over achieved way beyond that.

GWS
02-04-2023, 01:20 AM
Maybe it will, but based on what I see it's going to be tens of thousands of cycles. In my last order to Lee I also bought all the plastic parts for any lee presses I had. Every single plastic part was free. Realistically I'm going to loose that spare before I ever wear out the first one. I still think the main thing that will wear out on the APP is going to be the upper tool head that slides on the tie bars. For how inexpensive these are, I'm not concerned. The APP has been one of the few presses I had high hopes for, and it over achieved way beyond that.

Have to agree! It was the first Lee press I had to have out of the opening chute.....was not disappointed. Was it perfect? Of course not, but it was sure easy to tweak and modify here and there to make it pretty darn close for my needs. The price/value ratio is the best in the market.

The experience made it easy to want to become an early adopter Pro 6000 user. Was not disappointed there either.

deces
02-04-2023, 03:08 AM
I still think the main thing that will wear out on the APP is going to be the upper tool head that slides on the tie bars.

I believe the head is Zamak or something like that, Ive had one of their die bushings jump threads and stripped out a fair bit of the quick change bushing, the female counterpart on the press looked undamaged.

deces
02-04-2023, 03:20 AM
Here is a piece of kit that allows one to load bullets directly into the new boolit feeder tube after sizing.
https://gallery.leeprecision.net/picture.php?/1520/category/262

megasupermagnum
02-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Here is a piece of kit that allows one to load bullets directly into the new boolit feeder tube after sizing.
https://gallery.leeprecision.net/picture.php?/1520/category/262

I saw that, and I think the potential is there to really change the game. Just think, you could size/lube your bullets in a single step right into that. The tubes are dirt cheap, you could have tons of them loaded up if you wanted. Put it right on the new 6 pack press which has enough stations to allow their own bullet feed die. I own the new Lee bullet feed does in 30 and 45 caliber, they seem to work great, amazingly simple design.

Suddenly Lee has made it possible to load ammo nonstop with a case feeder, and bullet feeder, and a primer tray you just fill up. No hand inserting cases, no primer tubes, and a bullet feed system to boot that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

deces
02-06-2023, 12:57 AM
I still think their case feeder needs some work, but I can get by with what is offered. I Tried the American Accurate Collator for Lee presses on my pro 6k, using 7.62x39 and every case fed right.
I am glad to hear the boolit feeders are good to go, I'll pick them up when the retailers get them.

megasupermagnum
02-06-2023, 01:04 AM
I think it depends on the case. 6mm Remington is kind of erratic in the case feeder. 223 Remington works fine. Any pistol caliber is magic with that case collator. I'll have to try that American Accurate one if that works with rifle cases.

deces
02-06-2023, 01:11 AM
So I guess there are two versions American Accurate collator, the early ones are what is shown on the youtube videos and the new one has a SS insert that is placed on top of the hopper, this is supposed to be used only for pistol cases.
I'd imagine all the new ones come with the SS insert.

https://youtu.be/ieRFvFapeJM

GWS
02-06-2023, 02:34 AM
I made a rifle conversion to mount on Lee's original, using the ole 3D printer.....and it works for .223 and .308 equally well. But I ended up making the 3D printed electric collators for cases and bullets both, for about $70 a piece. But of course you have to buy a 3d printer first. That's the kicker.....on the other hand once you have one, you can print for cheap .... many. I have printed 4 so far.....one more needed.

https://youtu.be/y1R2xrQFSbc

https://i.postimg.cc/Hn12w0QX/IMG_4005.jpg

deces
02-06-2023, 02:04 PM
Now that is pretty neat. I wish I could figure out the settings on my ender 3 and print stuff :killingpc

2 Horse
02-06-2023, 02:47 PM
I still think their case feeder needs some work, but I can get by with what is offered. I Tried the American Accurate Collator for Lee presses on my pro 6k, using 7.62x39 and every case fed right.
I am glad to hear the boolit feeders are good to go, I'll pick them up when the retailers get them.

Do you have a link to American Accurate ? Tried a search but only came up with YouTube and eBay.
Lee’s collator leaves a lot to be desired with rifle brass

Thanks

deces
02-06-2023, 02:54 PM
Do you have a link to American Accurate ? Tried a search but only came up with YouTube and eBay.
Lee’s collator leaves a lot to be desired with rifle brass

Thanks

Yeah, I think their only storefront is ebay. Go to ebay and search: New Design American Accurate Collator for Lee PRO 1000 and Loadmaster Press

Ithaca Gunner
02-09-2023, 07:01 PM

Yes, I'm resizing with it, that's the main reason I bought the thing. Is there a redesigned or improved shell holder available and does it work without tearing rims off?

This thing could be the most useless product lee has made since the ''perfect'' powder measure of the 1990's.

megasupermagnum
02-09-2023, 07:10 PM
Yes, I'm resizing with it, that's the main reason I bought the thing. Is there a redesigned or improved shell holder available and does it work without tearing rims off?

This thing could be the most useless product lee has made since the ''perfect'' powder measure of the 1990's.

I already said, the new shell holders fixed that problem.

deces
05-13-2023, 10:14 PM
So, I finally got my hands on the new Lee Deluxe APP this weekend. I already had the ACP and I noticed the Lee sold an upgrade kit for about $4o and I thought why not see if this actually works. Well, it does, it's a priming son of a gun now. But it does have some things to be aware of while using it. I did have some primers the got seated sideways, I might not of had it adjusted right and yes, there are adjustments...
One thing I noticed right off the bat, was that the case shuttle was binging up on the new injection molded assembly. I removed the red shuttle and inserted 2 5.56 cases in the bottom rail and set it in the sun for about an hour, then in the freezer, tada... it slides effortlessly now.

Over all I like it, it made priming cases a very short endeavor.

https://leeprecision.com/acp-upgrade-kit

redriverhunter
05-13-2023, 11:36 PM
My shell holder moves and I am thinking if I get some O rings that my be enough to keep it from turning resulting in brass not going in well. My luck is it will lift the shell holder then the brass will have a speed bump to deal with.
rrh

deces
05-13-2023, 11:54 PM
My shell holder moves and I am thinking if I get some O rings that my be enough to keep it from turning resulting in brass not going in well. My luck is it will lift the shell holder then the brass will have a speed bump to deal with.
rrh

You are using the flat plastic shell holder right? If so, there is a black plastic tab on the left side of the primer slid that needs to be pressed towards the press as you depress the flat plastic shell holder. That is the adjustment I was referring to.

redriverhunter
05-14-2023, 12:02 AM
the shell holder will turn a bit, this one https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022386023?pid=769001

deces
05-14-2023, 12:13 AM
Right, I don't think you can use that shell holder with the new Deluxe APP for priming. Maybe not even at all, unless you disconnect the 2nd red spring.
On my original APP I have noticed that the shell holder has some movement as you stated as well, but everything is level.

The new Deluxe APP kit above comes with 3 black plastic inserts that are a flat base. 1 for large primers, 1 for small primers and 1 for decaping brass. The only thing the X-press shell holder offer to this is sizing and Lee does not recommend that on the APP now. idk.

deces
05-15-2023, 01:20 AM
https://youtu.be/wlSXYdyhHYY

Iron369
05-15-2023, 03:37 PM
I guess I’m missing something. I have the original app. The acp is a different press? And the deluxe app is another different press? I always hand prime my brass, but love the app for recapping and resizing.

deces
05-15-2023, 04:10 PM
Think of this as the ACP 2.0, The ACP is not even in this years catalog.

jetinteriorguy
05-16-2023, 07:43 AM
https://youtu.be/wlSXYdyhHYY

Nice video, looks pretty good except for the one thing Lee still hasn’t fixed. That’s the crappy primer trays, you can clearly see in the video almost half of the primers in the tray are flipped sideways. They should take a clue from the tray in the Frankford Arsenal hand primer and do something similar to that.

deces
05-17-2023, 01:51 AM
I thought I would add to this discussion about some changes I made with my new Lee Deluxe APP.

First was I got the Squirreldaddy APP decaping pins, it's a 3pk on their website instead of 1 as stated.

Second is a 3d printed case feeder to replace the Lee one, since every time I try to run 7.62x39, it jams up.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5380589
I recently found this marketplace where you can have your parts printed if you provide them with the STL. https://www.treatstock.com/my/print-model3d?utm_source=main-page

With that and some 1/4-20 nylon bushings to replace the nut above mounting bracket, now the hopper does not sway like a boat in the ocean while running it.

I replaced the Lee collator with the "New Design American Accurate Collator" and just about every case from .223 and up has been feeding up right since.

deces
06-01-2023, 10:08 PM
Today I primed about 100 cases for .243 with the Deluxe APP no problems. Every case fed correctly with the aftermarket New Design American Accurate Collator. Very fast & pleasurable experience.

deces
06-11-2023, 06:33 PM
Yesterday I realized that the older ACP small, large inserts that are made out of steel, will not work with the New Deluxe APP. At least without two modifications to both the steel inserts and the adjustable "bucking bar" that orientates the priming inserts. I'd rather use the steel versions that the plastic ones that now comes with the Deluxe APP. T think Lee did this on purpose, they did not have to make the old version obsolete.

JKH
10-09-2023, 10:49 PM
Does anyone here have both the original app press and the new deluxe app press?

If so, how do they differ other than the priming feature? Is the deluxe actually a standard app but just having the different slider/priming base, or are there other differences?

I see that lee has an upgrade kit to turn the acp into an app deluxe, is it possible to get this upgrade kit to make the app into an app deluxe?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

deces
10-10-2023, 12:27 AM
So Lee has made 3 versions of the APP type presses, the original, the ACP & now the deluxe APP. The ACP was Lee's attempt at making it an auto-primer and I guess it was okay... but it relied on the tiniest of springs to operate and would fall off into the abyss easily. The Deluxe, is the second attempt and it is a priming son-of-a-gun once dialed in.

Yes, the $40 kit from Lee will upgrade your APP, into the Deluxe version.

JKH
10-10-2023, 07:14 AM
I have an original APP and love it, but couldn't see spending the money on the ACP when I have a Lee auto prime II that still works well (a little fussy with small primers though), then see the deluxe and the ACP upgrade kit. All the pictures I could find the APP and deluxe looked like the same press other than the primer feed, so I emailed Lee and they said they didn't sell any parts that could upgrade the old APP, BUT, they would guff me 50% of a new deluxe which isn't that cheap when bought direct from them.

Anyway, the upgrade kit has all the necessary parts for the priming feature? They don't break down the list in much detail.

cwlongshot
10-10-2023, 07:27 AM
I really enjoy my Lee APP press . It does everything I bought it for better than I expected. Granted I strictly use mine for bullet sizing. I use NOE sizers with the press, I hate sizing bullets, but with this press it’s a pleasure.

EXACTLY. AWESOME LITTLE PRESS FOR MY NEEDS. I also like roller handle.

CW

GWS
10-10-2023, 12:04 PM
deces.......correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the deluxe is better bought as a second press. I'm having a hard time seeing why I would want to convert my APP into a Deluxe.....and make it into a priming machine, when what I'm really enjoying is the APP case processing. I have a bench primer that works.

Granted there is no bench primer with a case feeder........but if I want one that bad, I'd rather have a dedicated Deluxe to do just that and keep my Processing press on line at the same time.

deces
10-10-2023, 06:41 PM
deces.......correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the deluxe is better bought as a second press. I'm having a hard time seeing why I would want to convert my APP into a Deluxe.....and make it into a priming machine, when what I'm really enjoying is the APP case processing. I have a bench primer that works.

Granted there is no bench primer with a case feeder........but if I want one that bad, I'd rather have a dedicated Deluxe to do just that and keep my Processing press on line at the same time.

I think you are right about it being best as a dedicated priming press. I could do everything the regular APP does, but you would need to disconnect the red spring that actuates the priming arm if doing anything other than priming. That's why I have two...

deces
10-10-2023, 06:51 PM
Nice video, looks pretty good except for the one thing Lee still hasn’t fixed. That’s the crappy primer trays, you can clearly see in the video almost half of the primers in the tray are flipped sideways. They should take a clue from the tray in the Frankford Arsenal hand primer and do something similar to that.

They are made to hold 100 primers, for about $3.50 a piece, there is nothing stopping anyone from buying more trays to match session. The flipped primers in the video were the result of user error or him just rushing it for the demo.

deces
10-24-2023, 12:49 AM
Here is a pretty good demo of the Lee Deluxe APP and showcasing of the accessories.

https://youtu.be/xqfPXVH4Ft0

poppy42
10-24-2023, 02:26 AM
Exactly! The Xshell holders are not for sizing! Say right in the instructions not to use them for sizing

poppy42
10-24-2023, 02:40 AM

Really. I’ve processed well over 100,000 cases 9x19, 9x18, 5.56, 38 special, 357 mag, 45, 380, etc. That’s not including all the boolets I’ve sized Absolutely no, that’s 0 issues! I love it! Best $100.00 I ever spent! But I don’t confuse it with a $1200.00 Dillon either. I guess I’m either doing something right, or your doing something wrong.

JKH
10-27-2023, 09:37 AM
I just bought the deluxe APP directly from Lee, $98 with free shipping, and I get to keep my old standar APP. Really looking forward to priming with this press, after I'm comfortable with it I'll peddle my old one, and my auto-prime II and can recoup most if not all of my investment in the new press, win win!

deces
10-27-2023, 11:26 AM
I just bought the deluxe APP directly from Lee, $98 with free shipping, and I get to keep my old standar APP. Really looking forward to priming with this press, after I'm comfortable with it I'll peddle my old one, and my auto-prime II and can recoup most if not all of my investment in the new press, win win!

I would think about holding onto both, the original APP does some things a lot easier than the new one.

Lefty Red
10-30-2023, 04:15 AM
I missed my old press that justed deprimed, size bullets, and swaggered. I got one of the newer APPs and hated it. It’s in the trash bin! And I’m no Lee hater, but that thing was poop.

Jerry

Soundguy
10-30-2023, 07:33 AM
Is the APP a full press..or basically 1 station fast processing?

deces
10-31-2023, 07:03 PM
Yes, but they recommend not sizing brass, because the shell holders will rip the rims off the cases.

tinsnips
11-02-2023, 08:54 PM
I have the original APP press don't need to prime with it so the Deluxe Press is no interest to me. But i was looking around Lee's web site and came across something called an APP Deprime Kit # 91855. It says no shell holders needed . Does anyone know anything about this add on ?

deces
11-02-2023, 09:57 PM
Yeah I have that kit as well. it eliminates the need for the X-press shell holders, with the use of the black two piece fingers, they are spring loaded and exert constant pressure against the brass during the deprime operation.
It's pretty slick, but .223 will hang up on the decapping rod once in a while.

JKH
11-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Intriguing, mine was supposed to be delivered today, but tracking has hung in Buffalo since 1:45AM and is still showing deliver by 9PM, USPS tracking and delivery has really gotten crappy ��
I just used my original APP to decap 500 5.56 cases I primed about 2 years ago with CCI 34's, I recently bought 500 primed cases that were pulled down for components for $65 shipped, so decided I wanted the CCI'S back in my primer stash. The APP did a great job as always, but now knowing there is a different decapping system I wish I had waited for the new press, then again I have tens of thousands of cases so am sure I can muster up a good quantity to try on the new press.
I am anxious to see how different the APP, and APP deluxe are, unless there are significant enough differences, I still plan on selling or trading my original, the new priming system is what tipped the scales im favor of buying the deluxe, I frequently do batches of rifle or pistol in 500 to 1K lots and this APP deluxe primingsystem will save major blocks of time and effort. I also have two extra primer trays on hand from the swinging system that attaches to a standard Lee press (currently set up on my newer Lee turret press, so I can preload 300 primers.

deces
11-03-2023, 12:08 AM
Intriguing, mine was supposed to be delivered today, but tracking has hung in Buffalo since 1:45AM and is still showing deliver by 9PM, USPS tracking and delivery has really gotten crappy ��
I just used my original APP to decap 500 5.56 cases I primed about 2 years ago with CCI 34's, I recently bought 500 primed cases that were pulled down for components for $65 shipped, so decided I wanted the CCI'S back in my primer stash. The APP did a great job as always, but now knowing there is a different decapping system I wish I had waited for the new press, then again I have tens of thousands of cases so am sure I can muster up a good quantity to try on the new press.
I am anxious to see how different the APP, and APP deluxe are, unless there are significant enough differences, I still plan on selling or trading my original, the new priming system is what tipped the scales im favor of buying the deluxe, I frequently do batches of rifle or pistol in 500 to 1K lots and this APP deluxe primingsystem will save major blocks of time and effort. I also have two extra primer trays on hand from the swinging system that attaches to a standard Lee press (currently set up on my newer Lee turret press, so I can preload 300 primers.

Lee Has made 3 versions of this press type. There is unofficial version of the APP that is used to press out primer cups for reloading those. A user on this board has adapted the RCBS Summit press to operate like a Lee APP with unique 3D printed parts.

deces
11-03-2023, 12:09 AM

JKH
11-03-2023, 07:46 PM
Please provide details on the "unofficial" APP in the last post, a link to the thread would be great!

Finally received my deluxe today, only 1 day after tracking said it would be delivered, don't know how I survived waiting for stuff in the mail when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's ��
I haven't had much time to really scrutinize it, but I'm not seeing any difference in the base press mechanism, same looking at pics of the APC, I'm thinking the APC upgrade would have done what I wanted for half the cost, but the dealnI got from Lee was still quite a bit cheaper than anyone else selling them, AND I got to keep my original press so I can still use it, or sell it. I'm thinking a 300 or 400 round batch of .380ACP will be first, including sizing, then the same for .45ACP.

JKH
11-03-2023, 10:06 PM
I looked over both my APP presses closely, they are identical, the only difference is the plate with the primer mechanism and the parts made to work with it for priming and the decapping pin, everything you can use on a standard APP can be used on this one, and judging from the pictures the same holds for the ACP.
So, the upgrad kit for the ACP would fit the original APP, but you would have to purchase the other priming parts, so cost may be close.

jmorris
11-04-2023, 01:25 AM
I picked up an app to play with when they came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW77TDhes10

deces
11-04-2023, 02:37 AM
Please provide details on the "unofficial" APP in the last post, a link to the thread would be great!

Finally received my deluxe today, only 1 day after tracking said it would be delivered, don't know how I survived waiting for stuff in the mail when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's ��
I haven't had much time to really scrutinize it, but I'm not seeing any difference in the base press mechanism, same looking at pics of the APC, I'm thinking the APC upgrade would have done what I wanted for half the cost, but the dealnI got from Lee was still quite a bit cheaper than anyone else selling them, AND I got to keep my original press so I can still use it, or sell it. I'm thinking a 300 or 400 round batch of .380ACP will be first, including sizing, then the same for .45ACP.

Like I said this kit is for people who rebuild all their own primers. Yes, it's a thing in this day & age.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1313149152/primerpro-for-lee-app?ref=hp_active-mission-recs-rv-1-1

Super Sneaky Steve
03-28-2024, 08:40 AM
I finally decided it was time to try this thing out so I ordered last night.

I don't find decapping useful at all, unless you're trying to do neck sizing only. Why make a one step process into a two step process? My Lee Pro 4000 has a case feed and will decap and size in one stroke. I just put one die in the machine then they are ready for washing.

Bullet sizing looks interesting. I can't get my boolits to fall uniformly into the tubes. Maybe I need a reducer? Even if I forget the tubes it would probably be a wee bit faster than using the classic sizing dies. Kind of like a Star press but without the added lube.

What I really wanted was a fast way to swage primer pockets. I have a Dillon Super Swage 600 but it's not super fast. I have a huge box of range pick up 556 brass that I'm dreading to process. Any time save here would be worth the price alone.

jetinteriorguy
03-29-2024, 07:34 AM
I finally decided it was time to try this thing out so I ordered last night.

I don't find decapping useful at all, unless you're trying to do neck sizing only. Why make a one step process into a two step process? My Lee Pro 4000 has a case feed and will decap and size in one stroke. I just put one die in the machine then they are ready for washing.

Bullet sizing looks interesting. I can't get my boolits to fall uniformly into the tubes. Maybe I need a reducer? Even if I forget the tubes it would probably be a wee bit faster than using the classic sizing dies. Kind of like a Star press but without the added lube.

What I really wanted was a fast way to swage primer pockets. I have a Dillon Super Swage 600 but it's not super fast. I have a huge box of range pick up 556 brass that I'm dreading to process. Any time save here would be worth the price alone.
I always deprime separately. Two reasons why I do this, since I clean before sizing to prevent running dirty brass through my dies and when cleaning the primer pockets come cleaner, and I can check primer pockets with my gauge to make sure they aren’t blown out before proceeding further in the cleaning process.

fast ronnie
05-18-2024, 12:09 PM
I de prime before putting in the stainless pin tumbler. If they are really dirty, I run them in walnut shell before de priming, then run with pins. I hate cleaning primer pockets and this eliminates that.