PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good cast bullet .25 cal, 120 gr or heavier, for 25/35 Savage 99

koger
01-21-2023, 09:14 PM
needing some help finding a .25 cal cast bullet mold, for a 25/35 Savage 99 a buddy of mine has. He is a 99 nut has a bunch of the m, had this one put back for years, finally getting around to loading for it. I have a 87 gr mold but he wants a heavier bullet. I figured you guys could steer me in the right direction, all help appreciated.

ascast
01-21-2023, 09:37 PM
I will trade you for some chicken teeth. LOL You are on a good hunt. The old Ideal 310 type tool with mold is a good bullet in that weight +/-, but not gas checked. Several mold makers have a good bullet in the list, but not in stock. I think RCBS has one and NOE or Accurate. Most moderns have more of a point than I would want to run in a tube mag., but you don't have that problem. Keep checking the big names web sites. It will come back in stock at some point. And all the old hunting load (factory jacketed) used a 120 grn. Nice rifle, nice cartridge. I'm jealous, I don't have one of those.

koger
01-22-2023, 11:36 PM
I found a GC 120 gr at Grafs along with GC's.