PDA

View Full Version : Question for the trappers here…my wolf fang anchors aren’t holding p

Tripplebeards
01-18-2023, 08:14 PM
I went out yesterday to put a couple of my dog proof traps in the ground. I found it in some of my wolf fang anchors. I gave up after six tries in different areas. None of them would hold and I pulled them out with my hands with a a little bit of force. The ground really did not seem frozen and when I pulled the anchors out dirt went flying everywhere and it seemed chunky and soft like the ground was dug up and aerated. I had anchors in the same spots last year and they held just fine and I couldn’t pull them out putting my weight against them and using both hands the pull! So as it may be because the ground is half frozen and the anchors aren’t turning around? It sure didn’t seem that way because the ground sure looks soft when I pulled it them out. it almost seems like the ground is dug up and aerated and not packed down for some reason???

BLAHUT
01-18-2023, 08:47 PM
If they won't hold this early in the season try using a drag, or a rebar driven in with a swivel ??

HWooldridge
01-18-2023, 09:12 PM
Take along a small bar and tamp them with loose dirt. Works with clay soils, not so much with sandy loam.