PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate chip cookies

Winger Ed.
01-18-2023, 03:30 PM
I'd forgotten how good chocolate chip cookies are when made with M&Ms.

I made some today. The same recipe that's on the bag of toll House chips,
but I put in 3 heaping table spoon of coco powder, and a big family size (3 cups) size bag of M&Ms.

The recipe calls for them to bake 8-10 minutes.
I always liked them a little 'rare' so they come out at 8 1/2 minutes.

I had about 7 to be sure the recipe was right, and they are safe for human consumption.
Now I think I've worked up enough energy to take a nap.

Der Gebirgsjager
01-18-2023, 06:10 PM
Is there anyone who doesn't like homemade chocolate chip cookies? My Mom's were good, and she put walnuts in them when they were available. But the best were made by an old lady named Mammy Akers. She put in walnuts, and also chunks of dates. And she made them often, and lots of them!

DG

GregLaROCHE
01-18-2023, 06:40 PM
Soft chocolate chip cookies are the best.

Wag
01-19-2023, 08:11 AM
Best cookies on the planet and must be dipped in milk. The best ones I make I use Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips. Sometimes walnuts. Always delicious!

--Wag--

Bazoo
01-19-2023, 11:50 AM
I’ll buck the trend; I don’t particularly care for chocolate chip cookies.

My mom had a recipe. We ditch the chips and put in pecan pieces. Wow. Now that’s a cookie.

rockrat
01-19-2023, 01:01 PM
I make an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Toll House mini chips and dark chocolate chips I get from Costco. Sometimes I add about a half tbsp Habanero powder and maybe a bit of ghost pepper powder. Make what I call SwHeat cookies. Really good dunked in Hot chocolate (dark). For the relatives and most others, I leave out the pepper powder.

MaryB
01-19-2023, 01:40 PM
Grandma made these chewy chocolate chip cookies that were to die for. Didn't crumble when you bit into them... sadly her recipe died with her... my oldest sister managed to get some of her recipes but the cookie one was never written down and Grandma never made them in front of anyone!

Winger Ed.
01-19-2023, 02:23 PM
the cookie one was never written down and Grandma never made them in front of anyone!

They're sneaky that way.
My Grandma did that too. As far as I know, she never had a written down recipe for anything.
She'd let you watch, but always kept talking about other things so you couldn't concentrate
and remember much about what she was doing.

You'd try to duplicate something she made, and it would never come out right.

The best I could reverse engineer her chocolate chip cookies was she used basically the toll house bag recipe,
with real unsalted butter and took them out earlier than most people do, while they were still kind of 'rare'.
That kept them soft & chewy. The ones I make are real, real close to hers.
I never figured out whatever else they had in them I couldn't duplicate.
I don't know------- Maybe it's some kind of Grandma thing and she put more love in them than I do.

gwpercle
01-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Warm out of the oven ... with a glass of cold milk ...
That must be illegal ... it's Too Good not to be against some law ...
Shucks ... it's more enjoyable than .... making babies !!! :smile:
M&M's are the best ...
Winger Ed , Thanks for almost posting that recipe :drinks: !
Gary

Winger Ed.
01-20-2023, 03:02 PM
Thanks for almost posting that recipe :drinks: !

Sorry about that.
Here ya go:

Get a bag of Toll House choc. chips. and a family size bag of M&Ms, the special dark ones if possible.
Ya don't use the chips--- you just need the recipe on the back.

Follow the recipe on the bag of Toll House exactly.
Add 3 tablespoons of dark coco power.
Use unsalted REAL butter.
Substitute the M&Ms for all chips & nuts. (The bag will be exactly the needed 3 cups, so don't eat any)
Whatever the baking time is--- take them out at the minimum amount.

There ya go.
It's so simple, a cave man could do it.:bigsmyl2:

DDriller
01-20-2023, 09:54 PM
I use 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar instead of 3/4 cup of each. Other than that I follow the recipe from Toll House.

Jsm180
01-21-2023, 08:27 AM
I go to Sams and buy the chocolate chunk cookies. :) The best store bought I ever found were at Carrs in Alaska.

gwpercle
01-29-2023, 07:30 PM
Sorry about that.
Here ya go:

Get a bag of Toll House choc. chips. and a family size bag of M&Ms, the special dark ones if possible.
Ya don't use the chips--- you just need the recipe on the back.

Follow the recipe on the bag of Toll House exactly.
Add 3 tablespoons of dark coco power.
Use unsalted REAL butter.
Substitute the M&Ms for all chips & nuts. (The bag will be exactly the needed 3 cups, so don't eat any)
Whatever the baking time is--- take them out at the minimum amount.

There ya go.
It's so simple, a cave man could do it.:bigsmyl2:

:goodpost:
LIKE !

Gary:drinks:Winger Ed

Shawlerbrook
01-29-2023, 07:38 PM
Definitely hot out of the oven, but if they sit put them in the microwave for 10 or so seconds and the chips melt again. Yummy !!!!

Hannibal
01-29-2023, 07:41 PM
Back in grade school a friend of mine used to give me chocolate chip cookie bars that his mother made in a cookie sheet. They were about 1/2" thick, soft and just the best I ever tasted.

Wish I knew how she made them. Probably had all kinds of stuff in 'em that aren't Dr recommend like real butter and lard but it'd be worth it once in a while.

01-29-2023, 07:59 PM
Winger Ed ~ you're a man after my own heart. Sweet dreams.

MaryB
01-30-2023, 02:32 PM
Back in grade school a friend of mine used to give me chocolate chip cookie bars that his mother made in a cookie sheet. They were about 1/2" thick, soft and just the best I ever tasted.

Wish I knew how she made them. Probably had all kinds of stuff in 'em that aren't Dr recommend like real butter and lard but it'd be worth it once in a while.

Betty Crocker cookbook, look fora used one from a year you were a child.I have a dozen of them covering the years!