PDA

View Full Version : Phelps bullet luber & sizer

Ilwil
01-18-2023, 02:51 AM
I have one of these, picked up years ago with a lot of other casting equipment. It is identical to a Star, but has no markings. There may have once been a decal that identified it. I've never tried to use it. I can find very little information about it through the net or You Tube. It is in fine shape, no rust or apparent wear. Any input would be appreciated.

fc60
01-18-2023, 03:10 PM
Greetings,

Go to the Magma Engineering website and download the Instruction manual for a Star Greaser.

https://www.magmaengineering.com/PDF/Star_Sizer.pdf

Operation is essentially the same.

Cheers,

Dave

Ilwil
01-19-2023, 02:17 AM
Thanks for your input. I have my own Star, so I know they are closely similar. I was hoping someone knew more about when and where they were made. You never see or hear about them. I'm curious about how desirable it might be, because I will never use it.

fc60
01-19-2023, 12:51 PM
Greetings,

Phelps was located in Orange, New Jersey.

They copied the Star and cut corners where possible to reduce costs.

Not sure Star Greaser parts will fit a Phelps Greaser.

Star reloader parts are not fully interchangeable with the Phelps.

Cheers,

Dave

pcmacd
01-25-2023, 09:06 PM
I have one of these, picked up years ago with a lot of other casting equipment. It is identical to a Star, but has no markings. There may have once been a decal that identified it. I've never tried to use it. I can find very little information about it through the net or You Tube. It is in fine shape, no rust or apparent wear. Any input would be appreciated.

I had one of those that was sold to me as a Star. When I started sizing quenched bullets it broke the lube column. Sent it to Star for repair.

SURPRISE! Bought a Star and have not looked back.

deltaenterprizes
01-28-2023, 08:11 PM
I have 2 and had one other a long time ago.
Basically a Star with less expensive material used for some parts.

rbwillnj
02-04-2023, 11:19 AM
The Lubesizer Dies and Punches are compatible with Star. Most of the rest of the parts are not.