PDA

View Full Version : in need of 225 boolits, swap, trade, barter or ???

XWrench3
01-14-2023, 06:17 PM
Hi, I find myself in need of boolits that I do not own a mold for. I have been looking on ebay for a couple of weeks with no luck. I purchased a rifle that does not shoot all that well (accuracy, it functions fine). and looking down the barrel, I think I know why. it is full of chatter marks all the way down the barrel. I want to firelap this, ideally with bullets made from a 225036 mold, or a 225209. the heavier the bullet the better. both of those molds have many lube grooves, and as bad as this barrel is, i think it will need a lot of abrasive to clean it up. I have 3 grades of lapping compound, plus my daughter has several rock tumbling abrasives that are finer than my finest, which is 600 grit. personally, if i was the inspector at the plant that made this barrel, i would reject it. but since i do not know who made it, i am stuck with what i have. i have several 30 caliber (150g lee flat nose, lee 200g round nose), a 40S&W, and a .459"mold that I can swap boolits with you for. I will need probably 80) 22 caliber bullets in order to do this. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

farmerjim
01-14-2023, 06:30 PM
Get a 22 cal mold (2 cavity) and either lap it out or put aluminum tape around the cavities to make the cavities larger. there are several threads on here on how to do it.