PDA

View Full Version : Traditions "Pioneer" ?

Woodbridge 30-30
01-11-2023, 10:18 AM
Hey y'all, I just picked up a, new to me, Traditions 50 cal just like the one in the photo. It is a 1:48 and from what I can gather it's called a 'Pioneer'? The raised comb and pistol grip stock seems fairly unique but cannot find much else about this rifle.

One person suggested that they were sold exclusively through Kmart years ago? I bought it for the intended purpose of hunting deer. I am not new to muzzleloaders but am new to "traditional" muzzleloaders.

I make a similar post over at GBO and THR but didn't get much reponse. I would appreciate any insight, info, or experience that you might have with this specific rifle.

Thanks, Woodbridge https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230111/3181c8cc3ab9019e01fb6d53f5b5d9dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

LAGS
01-11-2023, 11:36 AM
I saw on of those a couple years back.
I looked at it because of the Monte Carlo style stock shape.
I was looking for ideas to build a style stock that people would like because it was more like their modern rifle stocks.
And sort of historic , and not an In Line.
Traditions are fairly good and do work good , especially for beginners.
Mainly because of the cost, and parts are available from Traditions if they break something.
I am a builder , and I have built two Traditions Kits plus have another Kit that I have to build.
I got that one from my late friends estate.
I intend to build it and give it to his grandsons.
I was told by the seller of the Pioneer rifle that it was a 1:66 twist bore for round balls.

Texas by God
01-11-2023, 08:51 PM
One of my brothers has that rifle in .54 caliber. He has successfully used it on drawn hunts (State land) a few times. The one time that I shot it with him I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz
01-12-2023, 01:24 AM
with a 1-48 twist it will do well with round ball and patch

Rich/WIS
01-21-2023, 10:57 AM
Have had several Traditions rifles and my buds also had them. Very accurate with RB in both the 1:48 and 1:66 twists.

Good Cheer
01-24-2023, 01:37 PM
I've almost had one before and may yet.
Looks like a nicely planned out piece, especially for my ideas of front yard plinking.